Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the only way to create a dynamic website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the only way to create a dynamic website?

I thought this would be simple to create a Website, using BlueVoda and all the that comes with VodaHost. Now I see that I have to learn script lanuages to create the website of my dreams. I am completly new to all of this. What language would be the best to learn? Are they all pretty much the same? If I learn one language will all the other lanugages be easy to learn. I fear that If I spend my time learning MYSQL and PHP, I will be hosed if I don't learn the rest of the lanuages. I don't know where to begin. I have Access databases knowlegde, but didn't learn SQL. Can PHP do all the things that I would what out of a website. Are their limits to some lanuages and if so which is best. Any information or websites that I could learn from would be great.

Thanks Elke---

Re: Is this the only way to create a dynamic website?

Php and mysql are a good avenue to go with. Most scripting languages have similarities, and certain aspects that are different. As far as understanding how other languages work, (ie. What a specific line of code does) is earlier once you learn a object oriented langauge.

I would start by learning html if you don't already know it, you need to start there. Next I would learn php, then move to mysql. Also, there are some languages that only work with certain OS's, such as ASP. ASP only works on windows OS's, and the majority of shared web servers run on linux, including vodahost.

Lastly if you want to, I would learn javascript (javascript, not java, they are two different languages). Javascript will allow you to do the detailed things on websites, like drop down menus, image mouseovers, clocks, timers, window prompts, etc

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hi Elke,

what are your particular requirements that BV cannot fullfil? Programming is something that 99% of Voda users DONT do. Some learn just basics about form processing scripts, but in most cases BV is more than enough to build a site just by drag and drop and writing text. So unless you need to make a very particular site, involving databases, queries, database search engines etc., you don't need to go that far.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I want it all. Database queries, search engines, I want people to be able to upload up to 10 pictures, log on, email me, and a forum. I will take your advise and learn HTML, then PHP, then MYSQL. I will also use BV to the its extent. I haven't looked into Dreamweaver or Frontpage yet but I will need to do that also. I have been looking for something to spend time on and I think this would be great knowledge to learn. I didn't think it was so easy to have a web site. Its building it that is hard. I would think that someone would create a program that creates all the great things about websites easly. But if that was the case then everyone would have a great website, RIGHT.

I will start learning.

Thanks for the advise.

adventurer

Comment

Means you are one of the forunate that have the time to do it. It might also become a pro thing. Good luck!
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Have you checked out the below yet???

Get your free soholaunch pro along with hundreds of soholaunch templates from Vodahost web hosting.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X