problems with links when published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with links when published

Hello, I have a text link to payment on my home page, this works fine in preview but not when the page is published .
    Also I have added three new pages to my web site. I have added them in the same way as the original ones.
    the added payment navigation button works fine.
    terms and conditions (not working) I have tried changing the page url to ( terms) but still no good.
    portion guide (not working) I have also tried changing the url to (portion) This is how I have entered the information:

http://www.cakeswithadifference.net/terms.html

Is this correct or can you see a mistake?
    Thank you
    Alison

http://www.cakeswithadifference.net

Re: problems with links when published

Originally posted by ajlamond
    Hello, I have a text link to payment on my home page, this works fine in preview but not when the page is published .
    Also I have added three new pages to my web site. I have added them in the same way as the original ones.
    the added payment navigation button works fine.
    terms and conditions (not working) I have tried changing the page url to ( terms) but still no good.
    portion guide (not working) I have also tried changing the url to (portion) This is how I have entered the information:

http://www.cakeswithadifference.net/terms.html

Is this correct or can you see a mistake?
    Thank you
    The payment link works fine. It might just be your browser caching. The Terms_&_conditions: try eliminating the & : make it "terms_conditions" in the button, and also save the page as "terms_conditions"
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The text link to payment is wrong : it is http://www.cakeswithadifference.net/...t/payment.html
      Navaldesign
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you I will try that.

Could you have a look at my contact page please? I have followed the instruction and I am getting there for my form.
        I have copied the scrip from Alien Dude who has been very kind in helping me.
        For some reason I have some of his details now on my page.
        I did replace the text in the html and can not see where this information is coming from.
        all the information in the html is mine, could it be hiding somewhere else for this to happen?
        Thank you so much
        PS, I have just paste and copied the url for payment text as above, do I put it as seen above?
        not working
        Alison

Comment

Which part of it is that comes from Alien? I mean what is that you don't wan't to appear in your page ?
          Navaldesign

Comment

No, you got it wrong. The one above is the wrong link, make it tha same as in your payment button
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you. payment linkworking well.
              The part on my page ,above the question box say
              "Thank you for your ufo report" this come up once you hit the submit button.its behind the name box and across the page, although I did edit the script so this didn't happen.
              The text in the question box I can put right.
              As far as the other link buttons I have tried everything, when you say that the browser could be caching , how to I stop that because may be thats the problem.
              Thank you
              Alison

Comment

Thank you. payment linkworking well.
                The part on my page ,above the question box say
                "Thank you for your ufo report" this come up once you hit the submit button.its behind the name box and across the page, although I did edit the script so this didn't happen.
                The text in the question box I can put right.
                As far as the other link buttons I have tried everything, when you say that the browser could be caching , how to I stop that because may be thats the problem.
                Thank you
                This is for certain part of the script, and is the Thankyou message that Alien has used. He can help you or you can just upload the script and i'll have a look at it
                Navaldesign

Comment

It's ok I have done it thank you very much indeed.

Its just the problem with the two buttons . and im done ...........phew!
                  Thank you again.
                  Alison

Comment

It's ok I have done it thank you very much indeed.

Its just the problem with the two buttons . and im done ...........phew!
                    Thank you again.
                    Upload the script: i meant to upload the code here, i can't see the code of a php script on your site. Or if you want, go to my form in http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html There is an Upload field. Use it to send me the script.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

To resolve your problem with the two buttons, go in Blue FTP, connect, and see how the two pages are uploaded on your site. Then change the links of the buttons accordingly.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

FTP? sorry to be so stupid!
                        Alison

Comment

FTP? sorry to be so stupid!
                          In BV, > Tools, > FTP Manager. When it comes up, click on the upper Left "Connect". Enter your username and password, it will connect to your site. At the right part of your screen you will see your pages, as well as all the images you have uploaded. Scroll down, find the two pages and make sure what their names are. Change the kìlinks in your buttons accordingly.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hello again, I have been into FTP the button names can not be re-named on the right hand side can they? but Terms & Conditions is written as such. Is there any way I can change this & to _ ? if not shall I remove these added buttons and start again from scratch?
                            What do you think would be best.
                            Thank you for your time.
                            Alison

Comment

Hello again, I have been into FTP the button names can not be re-named on the right hand side can they? but Terms & Conditions is written as such. Is there any way I can change this & to _ ? if not shall I remove these added buttons and start again from scratch?
                              What do you think would be best.
                              Thank you for your time.
                              No, open the terms and conditions page in BV and save it as "termsandconditions" . Publish it. Open the "portions-gude" page and save it as "portionguide". Publish it. Change the links in the buttons accordingly.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X