new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new site

i have an account with vodahost and my site is up and running, called say site1 which is in my public html folder

but i want to create a seperate site say site 2
    now ive bought my domain name for site 2 thro vodahost and want to upload my site2 to the web.

my questions are: is this possible because i dont want it to be called www.site2@site1.co.uk it want it to be www.site2.co.uk

how do i do create this new site within my account

also if my partner wants to alter the site 2 folder how do i stop them looking at my site because site2 has its own folder within my public html folder

i hope you can understand what i mean

thanks johnny

Re: new site

I wish someone would answer you because I need the same type of help.

Comment

set up your new domain as an addon domain in control panel, this way you can view your new domain (site2) as www.site2.com ,it will work independently from your site and because this is an addon domain, site2 also can be viewed as www.site2.site1.com and www.site1.com/site2 and ofcourse you only have one control panel and both of your site will be in one folder public_html.
      thats means you can not stop your partner looking at your site.
      unless you have reseller account which is vodahost doesn't have it.
      Nyoman

Comment

Johnny I think you can password the add on or sub domain (by password protecting the relevant folders in control panel). I've done the above using a sub domain, bought a .co.uk and ponted it my sub domain. No-one knows any difference. Do a search on the forums for further help - as I'm not an expert! Lol.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
          Johnny I think you can password the add on or sub domain (by password protecting the relevant folders in control panel). I've done the above using a sub domain, bought a .co.uk and ponted it my sub domain. No-one knows any difference. Do a search on the forums for further help - as I'm not an expert! Lol.
          protected folder only work when you want to view website on the browser but will not make any difference on the public_html because once you open public_html through FTP all the file will be viewed include protected folder as well
          Nyoman

Comment

Working...
          X