No announcement yet.

what is a php file? How do I change it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a php file? How do I change it?

Hi

I am finally publishing my pages but have come accross a few hitches! Even though I am certain I have checked and checked again for some reason my 'contact us' page has the letters PHP by it, unlike the other pages that seem to be working.

Can anyone tell me what PHP means please? How do I change from a php to an html file which can be seen? There is no form or anything complicated just a straight forward page with a pictue and contact details. Do I need to re do the whole page?

Thank you

Thank you

Re: what is a php file? How do I change it?

Your contact page MUST be a php file in order to work. The coding and action required to process the form is in php.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It's OK for any page to be named with a .php extension. Contact pages always have them because it allows the contact form on the page to communicate with the outside world (html can't do that). Blue Voda adds that extension automatically when needed.

The only thing to keep in mind is when you create a link to that page, it must end in .php not .html. The link must look like this: http://www.yoursite.com/pagename.php for example.
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thank you. I think the problem was it didnt end php but in the file manager showed as php and it wouldnt display the page. I havenow managed to display the page but he picture next to the contact details isnt showing!!

Before I started this I thought I was ok with computers!!

Not sure if I am allowed to do this but you guys seem to know what your talking about! If you have a chance please could you take a look at the following and give me your opinion on what is going wrong? In preview it looks great but when I publish it looks like this!! Any clues please? http://www.pawsgalore.co.uk/aboutus.html

www.pawsgalore.co.uk

Comment

not sure what your problem is. i just checked all the pages and they all work ok. you dont need php on your contact us page as you do not have a form. are you ok or do you need some help?
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X