This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding an event to a shape

hi i woud like to know about adding an event to a shape, what i want to do is to create a mouse over effect to a shape, so in the shapes propertys box , i select "events" "add event" which will be on mouse over, then i select for the image to "move" on mouse over, where i select how far and what direction i want to move the shape,

but then i am asked to select the target, of which there is a list of all the images and shapes and text in my project all numbered sequentially , ie. shape 1 ,shape 2 up to shape 45,

my question

how am i to know which shape it is out of this list? though i have clicked on the shape in questions propertys box i am asked to select a shape, i have asked this question before, and someone said that i will need an "image viewer" this makes no sense to me, so i am hoping someone can enlighten me as to how we are supposed to tell what image is what

thanks appreciate it

Re: adding an event to a shape

To find the shape number in BV, right click on any shape & select html. You will see the shape id in the html code. IE: id="Shape1"
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

So if we have a shape on the page, and we want a second one to appear when the first one is moused over:

1) The second shape must already be somewhere on the page? What if I want the second shape to appear ONLY when the first one is moused over (i.e., not have shape2 on the page)?

2) Even when I do have shape2 on the page somewhere, I can't get it to show when I set up the "onMouseOver" event in shape1. Anyone have an idea as to what I might be doing wrong?

I'm also wondering what "onBlur" and various other options mean in the 'Event' dropdown menu of the "Edit Event" window. There must be a tutorial or something (right)?

thanks,
      -- Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jimchicago View Post
        So if we have a shape on the page, and we want a second one to appear when the first one is moused over:

1) The second shape must already be somewhere on the page? What if I want the second shape to appear ONLY when the first one is moused over (i.e., not have shape2 on the page)?

2) Even when I do have shape2 on the page somewhere, I can't get it to show when I set up the "onMouseOver" event in shape1. Anyone have an idea as to what I might be doing wrong?

I'm also wondering what "onBlur" and various other options mean in the 'Event' dropdown menu of the "Edit Event" window. There must be a tutorial or something (right)?

thanks,
        -- Jim
        Hello

Look at this page:

The large image and the flashing star NUEVO (New) that appear on opening the page vanish when the mouse pointer hovers over any of them. The text beneath the images can now be seen freely.

Afterwards, the large image apppears or disappears hovering the mouse over or out of the shape labeled AMPLIAR IMAGEN (Enlarge Image). The flashing star is no longer displayed.

(If neither the large image or the star appears when opening the page, try opening again, leaving the mouse pointer out of the useful area of the page)

I did it this way:

In Properties - Events of the large image (Image3, within my BV page) I added 2 new events, choosing OnMouseOver - Hide - Image3 and OnMouseOver - Hide - Image4.

In Properties - Events of the star (Image4, within my BV page) I did the same.

Any of these events hides both images for ever (or until the page is opened again, of course).

In Properties - Events of the shape labeled AMPLIAR IMAGEN, I added 3 new events:
        1) OnMouseOver - Hide - Image4, to hide the star;
        2)
        OnMouseOver - Show - Image3, to show the large image, and
        3) OnMouseOut - Hide - Image3, to hide it.

This way, the large image is shown only when the mouse pointer hovers on the shape. No event calls for the star being shown, so it will not be displayed again.

I am pretty sure that this method can be used for showing and hiding several pictures in many ways. I suggest you "play" with the different options the events OnMouseOver and OnMouseOut offer.

I agree that more information about Events, here or in the tutorials, could expand our possibilities of getting other attractive effects.

(BTW, those who can read Spanish may have noticed that in the page there is another shape labeled OCULTAR IMAGEN AMPLIADA -Hide Enlarged Image-, which currently is doing nothing. I had inserted it to hide the large image, before I learnt that the large image could do the same job by itself. I will remove this shape when I update the pages containing it)

---------

German

www.alfil-sa.com
        Last edited by germansin; 05-26-2011, 09:36 PM. Reason: missing URL
        German
        www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Working...
        X