Taking pages off line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking pages off line

About a month ago I removed some pages from my website.
    I have made a new xml sitemap. But google still trys to crawl them and reports them as not found. Will this problem continue or will google eventually stop trying to crawl them and remove them from its records?

Thanks
    Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Re: Taking pages off line

You have removed the pages, are you sure that you have removed every link to the pages that were removed.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes,

But google sais otherwise.

eg; URL Not Found = http://www.citylifelive.co.uk/Aberdeen.html (this page was removed)

Linked from = http://www.citylifelive.co.uk/site-map.html discovery date Feb 17, 2009

Problem detected on Apr 10, 2009.

Any idea whats going on?
      Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Comment

Goto your cPanel an check out "Awstats" you can view
        whether Google Bots and Yahoo Slurp is still visiting your site and how many times.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyfergus View Post
          About a month ago I removed some pages from my website.
          I have made a new xml sitemap. But google still trys to crawl them and reports them as not found. Will this problem continue or will google eventually stop trying to crawl them and remove them from its records?

Thanks

You need to either create a custom 404 page, ot just redirect it back to your home page.

Make sure when you create a sitemap with BV you check to make sure that particular page is not in the site map. I have an issue with it finding a page that does not exist and is not in my root directory.

once you do that then re-submit your sitemap again.

It also takes a few weeks for Google to update your webmasters.

There is also information just posted a week ago on here about creating 404 pages. It is super simple.

I chose to redirect an error page to the home page. You will have to use bv link checker under tools to check for broken links.
          www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Working...
          X