Totally confused -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally confused -

Im getting so many completely different suggestions about my site. For one its really just a place to be able to say I have a site. I do more advertising and business locally. Its not meant to be this huge make it rich scheme..some say I need more bells n whistles....and some say its not professional.(too many bells n whistles)...I dont apreciate the impersonal cold frigid templates that oscommerse have...and want to achieve a warm welcome atmosphere...but Im at a very confused state at this point. I think Im trying to please everyone...and not getting things right...

Re: Totally confused -

Hi Kassi59 quote: ( I think Im trying to please everyone...and not getting things right... )
    at the end of the day you are doing your site for yourself knowone else.
    listen to what people have to say, take it in, remember it, then if you don't like it forget it, remember it's your site make it look the way you want it to, if some people don't like it so what.

might want to shorten the width and length of you home .
    keep it up you are getting there.

Comment

Hi Kate.
      It's looking lovely. I think the home page is a little busy but that's just me! If you're happy with it then that's what counts! I loved your photographs but when I got so far I hit next page and it kept taking me to the same page over again - so you need two nav buttons on your last page of pictures. One saying 'back' and one saying 'home' or something along those lines. Apart from that you've done a smashing job. It's definitely warm and welcoming. Good luck :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hiya Kate!

I can certainly understand how all of the suggestions could make you a bit confused, but I agree with Amanda and Alien Dude. At the end of the day, it's your site, and you're the one who should be pleased with it, the rest of us are just bystanders willing to help when we can.

Your photos are outstanding, and you've done a great job on your site. :)
        Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
        http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

Kate: I love the site, photos, etc. I do think the home page is a little to busy. I think all of the advertising distracts from what you want your site to do and be. But then on the other hand, mine is reaaallllly borrrring. So like the others have said, it's yours and do what you feel comfortable with. Good luck!
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

The site you create should be something you like - nothing more and nothing less. If it suits your goals and needs, who gives a rat's behind what anyone else thinks?

On the other hand, getting feedback from others can be really helpful, because you can't look at your site objectively, while they can.

So, split the difference. Try to achieve the look you want, and then be very specific as to the areas on which you'd like feedback (overall look, graphics, forms, etc). Peter made a good post on another thread that it's difficult to post on this forum without knowing what type of answers the person is looking for.

You have a valuable tool here and how you use it is up to you.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
              The site you create should be something you like - nothing more and nothing less. If it suits your goals and needs, who gives a rat's behind what anyone else thinks?

On the other hand, getting feedback from others can be really helpful, because you can't look at your site objectively, while they can.

So, split the difference. Try to achieve the look you want, and then be very specific as to the areas on which you'd like feedback (overall look, graphics, forms, etc). Peter made a good post on another thread that it's difficult to post on this forum without knowing what type of answers the person is looking for.

You have a valuable tool here and how you use it is up to you.
              rats butt..lol...I like your attitude!...
              Thank you all for all the wonderful remarks and helpful advice..I was feeling pretty crunched! I know you all know how much thought/work/effort and heart you put into all of this..and after "sleeping" on it..I decided that I did in fact need to step back and take a bias look..and have now made a few changes...I agree with the adverts...but they are all local business that not only help my integrety but for my area helps with the search engines...I tried to clean that up a bit...and some of the junk below..again..Im doing all this without cost..lol...I know the the jokes!...but I am rating a 4/10 on google...I just have to figure a way to make it less confusing to why you are in fact there on my page...at least thats the question I was asking myself this morning...it didnt really give you a feel of what the title page or content was all about .. so i tried to clarify...
              Ill have to look into the links..I thought I had all of them correct...but I must have gotten tired or lazy or something....lol..so ill check that out..thank you.
              and again thank you all for the support...I do so apreciate it!

Comment

There ... Ive cleaned it up a bit...little less confusion...

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
                  Looks great, Kate!
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
                    Fabulous! It looks stunning. Well done Kate.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

awe...thanx all! It seems to make more sence...

Comment

Hi kassi,

The most important thing to remember when building a site is to build one that you find appealing and one that will be useful to your target audience. As long as feel you have accomplished those goals you have nothing else to fret about.

Comment

Hiya Kate!

I love the changes you've made - it looks great!
                          Well done, and good luck. :)
                          Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
                          http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

Thanx Kellie! It really means a lot..Its so tough to know "what" it all looks like after Ive stared at it for so long!..lol
                            Thanx Shirlee - The issue I was having was with the way it was too confusing to anyone looking at it with all the other VT businesses and links listed with my products...and there was also the safety issue...there wasnt anything there to assure the potential customer that I was ligitimate...so Im hoping now that Ive accomplished that..at least for now...:))

Comment

Hi Kate,
                              The site is coming on great and is a credit to you.Well done and best for the future.
                              regards
                              Jay
                              Jay
                              www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

Working...
                              X