php extension instead of html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php extension instead of html

I have published my website (http://www.wiidownloadsreviewed.com) but my links are not working. I checked in my FTP Manager & have discovered that some of the pages have been published with .php extensions instead of .html as usual (this is why the links did not work - I had given them all .html extensions).

Why are they published as .php? There is nothing different about them than other pages I have published in the past which were always .html. As an example, go to http://www.wiidownloadsreviewed.com/articles.php
    (by the way, I know that all the links to the articles are not working, but that is a seperate problem I'll deal with later!)

Should this not have an html extension? Is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks,

Val Wilson

Re: php extension instead of html

You have a form on the page & this will only work with a php extension.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for your reply Chris.
      The opt in form is from Aweber, & is just html code in an html box. I have used these before on other websites (for example www.ovariancystshealed.info) & the extensions were still .html.

Any idea why this one would be different? And does it matter?

Thanks,

Val

Comment

I believe BV automatically make it a PHP page if you use the wizard.

There could be php code on the page, if the form submits to the same page you can be pretty sure there is php code there.

There is no difference between PHP and HTML other then the fact a PHP page will parse and run PHP coding when it executes.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X