Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "grey out" check box

Hi all,
    Does anyone know how to "grey out" a checkbox (or any other form element) in BV?
    Have tried all "events" and can make the checkbox disappear but not grey out.
    Thanks
    Ross

www.custominterior.dk

Re: "grey out" check box

Not sure hat you mean? If your getting the yellow'ish background? this is Googles auto fill.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the reply Chris. I am trying to make a form where if a checkbox is checked then it "greys out" another checkbox to make it unusable. So far I have used "onclick" and "hide" but then I have to insert a reset button to get the hidden checkbox back again. Have also tried "onclick", "javascript function" but can't seem to get the desired result.
      Grateful for your help
      Ross

Comment

Hi, this is done with radio button & not sure if it can be done with tick boxes?
        But place 2 or 3 radio buttons on your form & then click on one radio button & in the group field give it a name like group1, then do the same with the others, giving them the same name. Now because you have given them the same group name it will allow you to only select 1 button of this groups name. If you want another option on the form with a select function, just call the next group of buttons by another group name IE:"group2"
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you Chris. Had to change the format of the form to incorporate the radio buttons. It's not the ideal solution but it works a treat. Thankyou for that. In "add events", can one insert other javascript functions or is there just those 6 functions available?

Regs

Ross

Comment

You would need to add a javascript function to grey out the box (to grey out the box it needs to add the "disabled" attribute to the elements html).

Try doing a google search for "dynamicly disable checkbox javascript" or something like that, there might be some existing javascript code to do it.

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for your help. Even if I can't find it then the other option works fine for now.

Regs

Ross

Comment

Working...
              X