• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotations required please

Web design requirements.

General Description of Concept.
    The site must have the following facilities:
    1. Membership application form and monthly payment into paypal account.
    2. Member must be able to upload Chart onto his page (taken from M4 platform) Cocept design pic available.
    uloaded chart by individual onto his page must have a moving cursor on this chart.
    3. Site must have chat facility between two people or between tutor and many people. The person who invites others to his page to join in, must have over riding chat and cursor use facility.
    4. If possible audio would be good for the teaching situation.
    5. Individual member will each own a page wherein they will upload the chart for discussion and they can invite others to participate. Max 4 inclusive page owner per chat.
    6. Multiple numbers of these private chats must be allowed on the site all at once without interfering with one another. Any one person can only be involved in one chat, either on his page or as a participant on another members’ page.
    7. The chart must have a live cursor which can be used by the person current on the chat facility. When he sends his comment the cursor must become active in the hands of the recipient until he sends comment or reply when it than becomes active in that recipients hands. Thus cursor is active in hands of person active in the chat box.
    I have a concept design but not published... can send as pic but do not know how to attache pic to this post.
    All negotiations will be done under the hood of a confidentiality agreement.

Re: Quotations required please

Per your "specifications" above, numbers 3-7 require technologies that are not allowed on VodaHost servers (active 3rd party scripts, multiple hosted chat, webinar/whiteboard, etc.) according to clearly defined VodaHost Terms of Service, and would thus require you to find another Hosting Provider altogether.

Additionally, there are a few such "social" foundations that might incporporate a few of the features you ask for, but in order to accomplish a logical mergence, your project would require custom programming and hints at an initial quote greater than the average budget ....

If you wish to seriously explore the potentiality of this project and would appreciate a refined quote based on a more detailed list of "requirements," you should inquire with ProWebs Unlimited to develop an affordable solution that meets your needs.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I agree with Vasili,

Your project sounds large, complicated and expensive. I think it may be better to go through a corporation rather than a freelancer for this sort of thing.
      Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Originally posted by Hylith View Post
        I agree with Vasili,
        Your project sounds large, complicated and expensive. I think it may be better to go through a corporation rather than a freelancer for this sort of thing.
        An "Approved VodaHost Freelancer," ProWebs Unlimited is a corporation, and is accredited partners with such Providers as SUN, CISCO, Oracle, Sage, Mercado and others -- which attests to their abilities and resources.

Such capabilities, however, do not mean that the rates they charge clients for design excellence and internet distinction are not affordable --- in fact, because of these distinctions, it is far more typical for ProWebs to deliver projects beyond expectation and under budget!

It is often best to offer comment only on issues which you are completely familiar with, so as not to confuse or inadvertantly bismirch your peers!

Comment

Vasili, thank you for the input, as this is a seemingly complicated issue I assume this to be above my anticipated budget. It started off as a small internet chat thought amongst the participants. As I have learned the basics via BV and they know this they, and I for that matter, thought this could be a nice toy, we must give this a try. We talk tonight when the forex markets reopen and I shall inform them that we are not going ahead with this. Thank you for the interest and advice.
          Regards
          Hans

Comment

I had quick look at what you require, you may consider existing software that can do what you need.
            Try GROOVE, which is now owned by Microsoft. It can be used as a stand alone or intergrated with office 2007.
            link to www.groove.net for details
            Groove is used by large corporations, for more or less the same functions you described.
            I work for a very large shipping company, and we use it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by easyquote View Post
              I had quick look at what you require, you may consider existing software that can do what you need.
              Try GROOVE, which is now owned by Microsoft. It can be used as a stand alone or intergrated with office 2007. link to www.groove.net for details Groove is used by large corporations, for more or less the same functions you described. I work for a very large shipping company, and we use it all the time.
              Groove is simply a collaboration tool similar to WebEx or Microsoft Meeting, and not suitable to be a shared website function. Granted, each has a "Whiteboard"/File Sharing system, but cannot be integrated with a website or Database (published online, as in Forex trading platforms or themes).
              PS: This is the correct link to GROOVE

Comment

Working...
              X