Need help from a Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from a Pro

I have recently started doing a new site for www.maxhunt.com, got them a VH account, domain name pointed away from Pipex etc everything is hunky dory.

I would normally try to use the same page links as previously used but they are not they not that good.

If you do a google search for Maxhunt Ltd you get this old home page on this link http://www.yfu05.dial.pipex.com/ (must've been redirected from the correct domain name) and when you browse this 'old site' none of the page url's have got the domain name in it.

As I've now taken over the site and given it proper page url's, as far as Google is concerned, in time, will the old site disappear and the new one appear or do I have to instigate something more permanent?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Re: Need help from a Pro

Can you not get access to their server for their old site? You really need to get that site taken down if possible.

If you can do that, in time Google will drop it and pick up the new one.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks Ramsey. I expect so, i'll talk to client. I've sent you an email..

Darren
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
        Thanks Ramsey. I expect so, i'll talk to client. I've sent you an email..

Darren
        Replied to email
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X