Lord help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord help me

Ok, I'm going to redo the whole site...So is it best to publish the front page in php? Then use this page as a clone or temp for all of the others? The whole would be PHP..Right
    Sharon Chajin

Re: Lord help me

Hi Sharon,

With a face and figure displayed in the avtar, you need no help from the Lord.

But, I prefer " html ", I find working with html less confusing and simpler.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hello Sharon

I think it was mentioned that building your site in php might be useful because you have or will have many pages and the jist i got was 'what if' you had to make changes to your menu? You would have to make that change on EVERY page.

If you make all your pages php, from a template page which you can clone and read up on this thread. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html will help with your type of site.

I build all my sites in php these days.

Darren
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

You only need php if you are going to do the navigation as an include.. so that you can add more to it later, without changing ALL the pages.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Right about now...I need that beer! Thanks guys..
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hey everybody, Sharons buying!!!!!

But I also use php for my pages so I can use Naval menu, so much simpler.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Come on over...Yeah..Party time..Any excuse..LOL
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                Hey everybody, Sharons buying!!!!!

But I also use php for my pages so I can use Naval menu, so much simpler.
                Thats the one I posted....Someone get Ed a drink!
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Got one coming...Need More soon..Party Animals!
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

I'll have one of those you are holding!
                    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

If you go down this route? Think about put the page into 3-4 php areas as it will help with making changes to things like adds very quickly. Also size these areas to a touch lager than, something like google adds & menus. 125px or 165px total width. This might help.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Looks Great Chris, but my mind wont let me do it...LOL Just can't figure it out!
                        Sharon Chajin

Comment

I agree that using BVphp (especially for navigation) is a lot easier to manage updates and outright changes for sites that have more than say, 20 pages, but I am still uncomfortable with the loss of core "optimization" values since using a "combo-coded" site means the SE's can't "read"/attribute link values to other pages as a straight HTML page (BV-created) would. The only way to compensate is to duplicate all the links as 'breadcrumbs' at the bottom of each web page, which messes up the clean page look --- and which also needs to be re-published across the site whenever the overall navigation is changed, thus defeating the whole purpose.

BVphp is an effective manner to universally manage page layouts and sitewide elements and to discourage "ripping" by visitors, but in particular for navigation, I personally think the iFrame method is just as simple and since it is HTML, conforms closer to the page builds the SE's look to evaluate as well.

IMO, of course!
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hey Mr V..Thanks for your input..I'm still very much a novice..
                            Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                              I agree that using BVphp (especially for navigation) is a lot easier to manage updates and outright changes for sites that have more than say, 20 pages, but I am still uncomfortable with the loss of core "optimization" values since using a "combo-coded" site means the SE's can't "read"/attribute link values to other pages as a straight HTML page (BV-created) would.
                              Seaking purely of html generated by php code and that of the html code generated by BV the SE's will see no difference (assume the php code is written to produce correct html code). There could be some issues with inserting php using BV that I am unaware of since I don't use BV, but I can't really comment on that

Generally speaking the only difference between a php file and html file is that a php file has the ability to parse and execute php code. Even if you are just going to have static pages its a good idea to publish in php. If at a later date you decide you want to do something more dynamic with your pages you're already setup to do so. It won't hurt to use php pages that don't even have any php code on them (ie. using a php file as a simple html file)

Register/Login Script
                              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
                              X