Where do I paste affiliate info in soholaunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I paste affiliate info in soholaunch

I have signed up for VodaHost's affiliate program among others but I can't seem to figure out where to go in soholaunch to paste the links that I am supposed to use to show my ads on my site . How do I do that so they will show up on my pages? What page in Soholaunch do I paste them too?
    catsgreen420

Re: Where do I paste affiliate info in soholaunch

Banners for affil programs usually get in homepage. You can also create a separate page for every product you want to promote, with more info for it, and put the banner in there also. In this case, beside every banner in your homepage, you have to put a "Read more...." link to get them in the detailed page
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I don't like this solution......

There has to be a format that allows placement of say, four 234x60 banners across the bottom area of pages, above the page bottom banner/edge.....or in a sectional strip along the far right....on any page!

This suggestion that I create and maintain a separate page to "billboard" my affiliate banners seems so out of place from the construct I have begun to already establish.....
      Come on, General....there has to be a better answer!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
        I don't like this solution......

There has to be a format that allows placement of say, four 234x60 banners across the bottom area of pages, above the page bottom banner/edge.....or in a sectional strip along the far right....on any page!

This suggestion that I create and maintain a separate page to "billboard" my affiliate banners seems so out of place from the construct I have begun to already establish.....
        Come on, General....there has to be a better answer!
        It's been a while since I played with Soho, but I'm pretty sure there's a function at the top that allows you to enter your code and place it anywhere you want on your page.

BTW, you're shooting the messenger taking Naval to task - Soho is not a VodaHost product.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I know....but you have to remember, we hold our Generals in such high regard that everything you casually toss us is gobbled up like divine morsels.....
          (and now that I'm trying to wean myself off the Voda Forums and toward the Soho Forums, I can sense a great hesitation on my part to "re-learn" anything more complicated than an Etch-a-Sketch...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
            I know....but you have to remember, we hold our Generals in such high regard that everything you casually toss us is gobbled up like divine morsels.....
            (and now that I'm trying to wean myself off the Voda Forums and toward the Soho Forums, I can sense a great hesitation on my part to "re-learn" anything more complicated than an Etch-a-Sketch...)
            I realize that, but expecting expert answers about Soho on this forum makes as much sense as expecting expert answers about BlueVoda on their forum. Some here will know the program, but none will know it as well as the people who created it.

Personally, I tried Soho and hated it. I hate the lost functionality and I hate that it doesn't always do what I want it to do. Amanda and I have a site we'll be launching shortly, and we're going to use a BV front page and oscommerce for the back end.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Vassili,

1. Every company has it's own banner. This means that not all banners are the same size. If Soho came up with some built in feature to allow standard size banners, that would automatically exclude some others.
              2. If you re-read my answer (though it is 3 months old) you will see that i suggest the aff banners to be in the homepage, not in a separate page. What i suggested is that if the webmaster wishes to create an information page for every product, then he should create a separate page with that product's details and the banner again.
              3. There is no need for sectional strip or whatever. This would further limit the already limited customization of Soho. By just inserting the banner code in the wright position, you can place the banners wherever you want.
              4. Even if you do want a "strip" with the banners, you can create it in BlueVoda, insert the banners code there, save the code and insert it in Soho altogether.
              Last edited by navaldesign; 06-13-2006, 08:01 AM.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ευχαριστω, General Naval!
                Πολυ Καλα!

Be very interested in how that comes off, Race, since I made an agonizing decision to commit to Soho....preferring to maintain as much design independence as possible....I have to tweak out some kind of "Diamond search engine" from the basic cart functions in a customized set of buttons......

Comment

Say guys, I want to add Vota Host to my sponsers page, CIRCUS FRIENDS, http://www.cirecuspet.com/sponsers.html I signed up for your afiliate program yesterday. Can you help me make it connect to you through the text VODA HOST in the credits?

Comment

Okthen, Maybe Tomorrow?

SOHO? I thought this was an afiliate forum?

Comment

The question regarded how to add affiliate code to a Soho page.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
                        Say guys, I want to add Vota Host to my sponsers page, CIRCUS FRIENDS, http://www.cirecuspet.com/sponsers.html I signed up for your afiliate program yesterday. Can you help me make it connect to you through the text VODA HOST in the credits?
                        Mr. Pond,
                        When you get your email confirmation, follow the directions to your account Control Panel to initialize. Then take the necessary few minutes to go through the tutorials to learn how to implement and manage your program.

All the instructions for linking with text and a multitude of banners can be found there. If you have any problems after doing your homework, then post to the Affiliate Forum for the solution you need - if you cannot find it previously addressed in earlier threads. (as you know, it's best not to proliferate multiple threads)

Comment

Hope your felling better today Major

Comment

Yes, Robert...feeling just fine. Thanks. And how is your website coming along?

Comment

Would sure be nice if they made a verticla banner for VH. Any way to copy the banner and create a vertical one?
                              Ernie
                              Ernie
                              www.lightningdesign.com

Comment

Working...
                              X