Placement on Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placement on Google

Does anyone know how to get the first google, yahoo, msn, search result placement. There is only one other company that does what we do in Ottawa and they are always first. We are third or forth and sometimes on the second page depending on the search terms used. I need to be first each time. Can anyone tell me how to move up.
    Thanks

Re: getting top placement on Google

Hi MarkAllen,

You might want to start by getting familiar with the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) with these stickies.

You might also want to make sure they are not using paid advertising which would look like #1.

View their page source by right clicking on their web page and "View Page Source" to see what meta keywords and meta description they are utilizing. Don't copy them, but this will give you a more clearer idea as to what the search engines are picking up on their site.

Of course this is only a start of a long process to stay on #1

Randall
    Last edited by coffee4uandme; 04-20-2009, 05:05 AM. Reason: mis-spelled word
    www.SflaMarineRepair.com
    Have a Great day!

Comment

Yes, I agree with coffee, There are many many elements to SEO Optimization. Not just one quick fix. Sounds like you're doing pretty good anyway with page rank. You will never be first each time because of the algorsithims use by google etc. Be happy and have fun.
      The Female Zone

Comment

Contents, contents and more contents.

Refresh constantly with more fresh contents or same contents with
        a new fresh look.

That way you ensure the Google Bot and Yahoo slurp will keep on coming back to index your pages.

You can check how many times the search engine bots had visited by viewing "Awstats/FTP" and Latest Visitors from your cPanel.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

There is about 25 things you must do and Google actually rates you on 100.

Every site I have has a keyword I want in the top 3 on google and yahoo. Some of the new sites are on there way up. If you are numer 3, then you are more than likly getting clicked on just as much as they are being number one. If people are just clicking them and not you, then they are not serious anyhow.

I have lots of free info on my site. www.kortia.com

Be careful with content, write good content and that does not mean tons of it. Write and give the viewers what they need. No keyword stuffing.

Treat every page as if it were your home page. Meaning do all your tags on every page. Sign up for google webmasters, it will tell you everything you need to know and it is FREE.
          www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Re: Placement on Google

There is no set formula for google placement. Trial and error is your best friend here.

I've been working on my backlinks recently and they really do help.

Comment

Originally posted by kortia View Post
              There is about 25 things you must do and Google actually rates you on 100.

Every site I have has a keyword I want in the top 3 on google and yahoo. Some of the new sites are on there way up. If you are numer 3, then you are more than likly getting clicked on just as much as they are being number one. If people are just clicking them and not you, then they are not serious anyhow.

I have lots of free info on my site. www.kortia.com

Be careful with content, write good content and that does not mean tons of it. Write and give the viewers what they need. No keyword stuffing.

Treat every page as if it were your home page. Meaning do all your tags on every page. Sign up for google webmasters, it will tell you everything you need to know and it is FREE.
              nice one. you've got a good site for everybody. thanx a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X