PayPal Buttons for Newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Buttons for Newbies

I am wondering if the PayPal buttons need to be "attatched" to every item I am selling-does there have to be a button beside every item? I have a PayPal account already, and I have watched the tutorials, but they just show how to put one on the page, and I am thinking one will not do it.

I am new to this and after reading the other postings on the same (and other) subject, I am scared to death!

www.endofthechain.com

Thanks so much for any help.

Endofthechain.

Re: PayPal Buttons for Newbies

Yes, you will need to create an add to cart or buy now button for every item .. view cart is only necessary once on each page, unless your page is real long you could place them in a few places ..

afterall you will be listing each item individually for sale, and a different price perhaps .. so yes.. a button for each item you are selling individually is needed

nothing to fear ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi End of,

I come up with a cool trick to save time with this aspect of listing your products.
      This will work if you are selling similar products. such as us ...coffee

After you have created an account with Paypal,
      1. go to the merchant services section on the papal site.
      2. select the add to cart icon
      3. generate your button for the item that you want to sell & copy the code that is generated
      4. open your computers notepad (Not Word)
      4. paste the code into your notepad

With this code, you will be able to change the sku number, product name and price if you wish to.
      After you change the code each time, copy the code from your notepad and paste it into the html block on your web page that you are building.
      Move the html block around on the BV editor beside the item you need the button for.
      Be sure to do some mock order to check the functionality of the buttons.

With this method, you won't have to generate each button for each product. from the paypal site, which can be very time consuming

Hope this helps
      Randall
      www.SflaMarineRepair.com
      Have a Great day!

Comment

Thanks to both of you for the quick reply, (Ladyeye and Coffee4) I am going to try that and let you know if it worked.

Thanks again!
        Endofthechain.

Comment

Endofthechain:
          This has nothing to do with your question just a little design help.
          On your pages you have a image called red1.jpg which you have very carefully arranged into a background. May i suggest that you right click on a empty part of the page and bring up page properties, or in the menu bar view/page properties, once open click the background tab then in the image part click the browse button ( gray button just right of the edit box ) search your pc for the red1.jpg image and enter it in the box then press OK. you will now notice that the image has tiled to give you this effect http://www.angies-cyberscripts.org/demos/chain.html also remember to centre your pages.
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Dear Alien,

That was the BEST! Thank you so much for that! It worked on all the pages except for the order form (we are changing that to the PayPal thing as soon as I can get it going), and that will be deleted soon anyway.

Thanks again!
            Endofthechain

Comment

Working...
            X