Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing main page as INDEX

Hi to you all.

I`ve uploaded my web pages and the main page is listed as INDEX.
    INDEX is listed in the PAGE PROPERTIES TITLE.

Now when I come to check on search engines, my web site name doesn`t show as it shows INDEX.

Can some one tell me if i could put my website name instead of INDEX in the PAGE PROPERTIES TITLE?

Thanks
    JORICK

Re: publishing main page as INDEX

1. In Page Properties Title you can use whatever you like.

2. Make sure you publish the page as index (lowercase)

3. Don't upload your page, use the Publish icon in BV.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Tom.

Thanks for your reply.

But not quite sure about this issue,as I have published my website through the publish icon in BV.

In the title page properties, I have put "index" [in lower case]. If I put my website name instead, will it work?

point 2. As the other pages point to the main page as navigation if I change the title properties to my website name, should other pages be listed as with index or my website name?

point 3. How could I put my website name in properties title and publish it as "index"

I`m rather new to this, even though my website works well, as I`ve done according to the tutorials.

But now the title index showing on search engines is annoying me.

Thanks for your help.

Jorick

Comment

Hi Jorick,

Everywebsite has to have an index page whixh is what the search engine robots will be searching for and not what you want the name you fancy to be.

It has to named "index"................NO CAPS.

You can then name all your other pages what ever you like all in lowercase and link the to the index page or menu in the index page which is actually your home page.

In the menu of the the other pages you call the index page whatever you like as "Home", "Landing Portal" etc, but the url address in hyperlink properties must be "http:/www.yourdomain.com/"

Which is your "index" page.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi ... naming, saving and publishing your page as index is different than giving your page a title ..

you create, then save your page as index via file, saves as index

For a name to appear in the listing on google as you are asking - you do this in a different area on the page ..

right click your page, choose properties, there you will see an area where you can apply a title to your page - this is the area that you can freely type what you want to be listed in the search engines for your page title, keep it relevant, you can go for about 12 words if you so desire ..

you will also see another tab called metatags, choose this tab ..

you will see you can type keywords, a keyword is a word that appears on your page at least twice if not more .. those are keywords, keep this to about 8 - 12 as well ..

page description - this is where you can write a nice paragraph about what your page actually contains - again keep it relevant and related to what is on your page and keep in mind what searchers may be searching for when doing your writing - if you sell grapess and you think searchers are looking for grapes, write about grapes .. my vineyard is full of grapes, we produce the greatest, sweetest tasting grapes this side of you no where ., lol .. visit my grape vineyard and sample our delicious grapes for yourself .. etc.,

so again, the area you want to change can be found by right clicking on the page and choosing properties ..

good luck

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, if I save my homepage as index, and have several index pages, how will I know which page is which. They will all be named index.bvp.

Comment

For different activity or products, new site or sub-domain open a new folder and place the index pages in the different folder.

I have also used "index01" which also works.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
              X