website form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website form

i have sent numerous messages to vodahost but my problem still stands. basically i have constructed a website using vluevoda, i have insrted a form on the contact page in my website. i have linked it to the following e-mail address: info@apexpropertyservices.org.uk
    username: apexpropertyservices@btconnect.com
    my e-mail address i am using for my website is an alias to the e-mail address which is my username.
    i don't have a problem sending mails or even recieving mails, from and to other e-mail addresses. the problem only arises when i use the form in my website to send information.the form gets sent fine but the information doesnt get processed properly and get to my inbox as it should. for example when i fill out the details required by the various fields in the form, for instance name, address etc and click send, it gets sent fine. i actually recieve a message in my inbox aswell from website form. but the content of the message is just "values submitted from website form". everytime it just says the same thing, the actual information, like my name, address, enquiry etc disappear somewhere.
    now the fact that my e-mails otherwise work fine and even in this case i recieve a message and just the information is missing means that my e-mail address is fine and the problem is with the form or the website. everytime i submit a support ticket in vodasupport they say there is something wrong with the e-mail address and that they cannot access my inbox because i am using different servers. i am using BT servers ( i changed my mx records when i joined bluevoda ), but i have spoken to them a couple of times and everything is perfectly fine with the e-mail address. there is a problem at the bluevoda end, with the form or website.
    my domain name is:
    apexpropertyservices.org.uk
    username for bluevoda is: anckmvu
    my e-mail address has been created in the control panel, i am using windows mail, which is the successor to outlook express. it can be accessed from the desktop start menu.
    thankyou

Re: website form problems

Please give us a link to the form.

The problem may be the mx records.. i dont know but.. we will need to see the form in case you forgot something or changed something.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: website form

Originally posted by aps View Post
      when i fill out the details required by the various fields in the form, for instance name, address etc and click send, it gets sent fine. i actually recieve a message in my inbox aswell from website form. but the content of the message is just "values submitted from website form".

Most probably the encoding type of your form is not the correct "multipart/form data"

Check it, change it, save, republish, refresh your browser before testing.

Edit: Just visited your site, in fact the encoding type is enctype="text/plain" . Change it as per instructions above.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X