Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Has anyone tried the popup option of the gomenu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Has anyone tried the popup option of the gomenu?

Vodahost customer (domain www.traumatoday.org)

I have created a test page containing only a GoMenu. In the "Edit GoMenu Item" window I have checked the "open link in a popup window" option.
    Here is my problem: When I preview the page and chose an item from the GoMenu drop down list,
    the pop up window is displayed behind the page and not on top of it. I can only see it when I minimize my browser window. What is happening? How can I make it stay on top of the page I am previewing?
    Thanks

Re: Help! Has anyone tried the popup option of the gomenu?

Try right click and move to front.
    www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Originally posted by kortia View Post
      Try right click and move to front.
      No! it does not work either! You mean to tell me that when you try it it works?

I have tried everything. I am giving it up!

Comment

Hi,

I am not sure whether this will work but I had a similar sounding problem when using slide menu's.

Try right click your home page and pick the VEIW SOURCE OPTION.

Then using edit replace the top line

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

With

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

Once you have made that change and saved it you will have to reload it using FTP and overwrite your original home page.

Suggestion do it as a dummy run before you change it permannently this way you will see if it works or not.
        Kind Regards
        Rob
        www.gnjgf.co.za
        www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

I havent had any problems with it. However I did remove all of mine and replaced them on this page http://www.ehenna.com (this is just a template, not a full site yet)
          I took them off and made regular links. Why? because Google does not see the links at all. This is bad for search engine ranking. I know this because of a text browser.

So yes you want a site to look good , but you also want it to rank good.

This site http://www.hennahut.com does have the pop ups, but is a booger to keep ranked be cause it.

It has so many pages it has to have the pop ups. Ironically on this site Google does see the links. but it was built with a cheap site builder.
          www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Hi Rob,Thanks for your suggestion. I am not sure though how to overwrite the page's HTML code.

Comment

Working...
            X