Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating Banner - Help Please

Hi,

I've read all the threads on this section and thought I understood how to create a rotating banner but I must be missing something.

I created 3 GIF pictures and added them in the Ad Banner Rotator Properties Box and put a 5 second pause between changes. I saved the page with the banner on it as "rotatingbanner2". The three GIF pics are on my public_html site, together with the saved page which appears as "rotatingbanner2.html".

I tried to view it using the preview button but it only shows the first picture. Can anyone tell me how to see it working? What would I need to do to add it on one of my pages? Is there some other piece of information I am missing? Also, what would I send to someone for them to put the banner on their site?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David
    www.telltheworld.net

Re: Rotating Banner - Help Please

All three of your images are there: the one all blue, the other with 20% discount, and the third don't forget mother's day
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for checking..... but how do I get them all together in a rotating banner? As I said, I added all three GIFs to the "Ad Banner Rotator Property Box" and saved it and published it.....but then what?

I'm really struggling with this!

David
      www.telltheworld.net

Comment

Originally posted by MillerD
        Hi,

Thanks for checking..... but how do I get them all together in a rotating banner? As I said, I added all three GIFs to the "Ad Banner Rotator Property Box" and saved it and published it.....but then what?

I'm really struggling with this!

David
        www.telltheworld.net
        What do you mean? rorating banner doesn't mean they rotate. The alternate to each other every five seconds, as you have set it. It works ok.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi NavelDesign,

I realise it doesn't actually rotate (turn over). The picture is just supposed to change every 5 seconds. I assume this is what's called "an animated GIF".

My problem is how do I get to see the rotating banner on one of my (or someone else's) web page?

I appreciate your assistance.

David

Comment

I don't know why you can't see the images rotate. They do. I can see it.
            Navaldesign

Comment

I'm really sorry - you must think I am totally thick!

How are you accessing this banner? I used FTP to find rotatingbanner2.html and double clicked it but it just shows a box with the little red cross, meaning it can't find the pic.

I also tried a web browser entering my websitename/rotatingbanner2.html but that doesn't work either.

I tried "preview" from the BV page - just get one pic.

This is probably very fundamental. Is there some other piece of code I need to kick-start the html file with the rotating script?

David

Comment

www.telltheworld.net/rotatingbanner2.html
                Navaldesign

Comment

Why couldn't I see that?

You are a star. Thanks for your patience. It seems I did it all right in the first place but for some reason, just couldn't see it when I looked.

All I have to do now is work out how to access it on a web page.

Thanks again

David
                  www.telltheworld.net

Comment

What you mean how to access it?
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I mean how to put it on one of my pages or how to give to someone else to add to their site.

David

Comment

Originally posted by MillerD
                        I mean how to put it on one of my pages or how to give to someone else to add to their site.

David
                        You put it in your pages the same way you did in this one. If you want your visitors to be able to download it you must create a text area ( or simply type it) with the banner code, where they can copy the code and then paste it in their own pages. See what i mean in

http://www.navaldesign.info/Tips/telltheworld.html

Of course, i changed the image names adding the "http://www.telltheworld.net/" infront of the image names, because the images have to be downloaded from your site.

It can also be inserted in non BV pages as you can see in:

http://www.southernmarine.info/index.php?pr=Services

which is made in Soholaunch.

To get the code simply copy it from the text area in the example.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks so much. I'll check that out and try it a bit later this morning and let you know how I get on.

David
                          www.telltheworld.net

Comment

Thanks so much, NavalDesign. I followed all your tips and copied the code and got it all working perfectly, just as you said. (I've kept all the instructions for next time). I've even added a new rotating banner to my own site and have plans for a few more.

However...........when I sent the HTML code for another ad-banner to a website for paid display, they said they would only take an animated GIF. I found a cheapish program on the net and now have a good banner builder, have created what I want and emailed it to them tonight. Hopefully it will be OK. It's been a demanding day or so but very gratifying and another thing learnt that I didn't even know about before.

David
                            www.telltheworld.net

Comment

Working...
                            X