Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to register 2nd website?

Hi all,
    I have finished my 2nd website on bluevoda. I have created a folder in my bluevoda folder called 2nd website. In there i have all the pages ready to publish. I am not sure what to do next.

Q1: I asume i have to buy a new domain name but when i do that how do i publish?

Q2: I already have a page called index on my first site. What do i call the home page on my second site?

Please let me know all the procedures to make a second site.
    Thanks to anyone who will help.

Re: How to register 2nd website?

Q1: I asume i have to buy a new domain name but when i do that how do i publish?

A1: Yes buy a new domain. Go to your CPanel and set this up in 'addon domains' Make sure the domain name is pointing to VH.

You publish to public_html/mysecondsite.com (or . dot whatever) Notice I've added the bit in red.

Q2: I already have a page called index on my first site. What do i call the home page on my second site?

A2: You still create an 'index' page, which is fine because you are publishing to a different folder as explained above.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: How to register 2nd website?

1. yes you have to purchase a 2nd domain, then follow instructions/tutorials for an add on domain. When you finished with the add on instructions you will publish to something like public_html/yournewdomainfolder/
      2. Yes! you need an index page for your new site & the page name will be what ever your new domain name is.

Ah! Darren got to your question 1st. I will have to do some finger exercises.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
      X