'Back To Form' Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Back To Form' Button

I'm trying to re-do my 'error_page' to one of my forms. I need to create a button that will take the customer back to the form (they filled out without loosing any of their information). Navel helped me with this several years ago when I first created my website. It all works beautifully, just want to publish a nicer looking 'error_page' now. And can't remember how it's done.

My website is: www.CaterYourParty.com
    The Form is: cateryourparty.com/menu.html#pg1
    The Error Page is: cateryourparty.com/error_page.html

How is that 'Return To Form' button created? I want it to take the customer back to the 'Submit' portion of the form. (again, with all their filled in info still there).

Thanks,
    Debbye

Re: 'Back To Form' Button

Hi Debbye,

Maybe this link will help you?

Regards
    Rob
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Rob,

Sorry, but that link does (not) help me any. Did you try the link? It's just a confirmation page. The button on that page doesn't tell me anything.

Thanks Though,
      Debbye

Comment

I need help!

Can someone please respond to my question!

Thanks,
        Debbye

Comment

Insert an "Advanced Button" in your page. Make it "OnClick". Set the onclick action to be "Go to the prrevious page"
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Debbye,

The link just showed what I have used and it is exactly the same as what "Naval" is proposing in this previous post.

It works for me and I hope its what youre looking for
            Kind Regards
            Rob
            www.gnjgf.co.za
            www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Yes that works! Can't believe it was something that simple.

Thanks Naval and Rob!

P.S. I looked for more explanation within all Tutorials but could not find anything on 'Advanced Button'. As I would like to add the same button on another page and can (not) get it to work!

The page is: cateryourparty.com/privacy_policy.html
              (I of course to off the 'Advanced Button' when I couldn't get it to work)

The reason I'd like to have a 'go to the previous page' on this page too is because (again) I do not want the customer to loose their selections and info entered.

Please help me more,
              Debbye

Comment

On the menu, Insert -> Form -> Advanced Button.

After you place it in the page, right click it, select Properties, then select Button Type: type On Click, onClick action: Go to the previous page.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

I did just that on my error_page and it works great!

Now I'm trying to do the same thing on my privacy_policy and it's just not working.

What's the difference?

Deb

Comment

Please provide a link to the page. And also let me know FROM WHICH page are you going there and the Back button doesn't work.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Going from: http://cateryourparty.com/menu.html#submit

(It's the image that says 'Privacy Matters')

Thanks,
                      Deb

Comment

You have set the Privacy page to open in a NEW window. For that window that is the first page opened, so there is nowehere "Back" to go!
                        That's why it doesn't work.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

OMG........It works! I actually thought 'Blank' opened the page up in it's own window.

Thanks for your help, Naval

Appreciate it!
                          Debbye

Comment

re-phrase: blank.......opens the page in a new window
                            parent.....is what I needed it set up as

Correct? Can you quickly tell me what each of page options do?

Thanks,
                            Deb

Comment

You should set it either as _shelf or just leave it empty, if you want the privacy page to open in the same window.

_parent is used for windows opened in frames or popus from a page. In your case _parent will also behave as _shelf

However i see that you have fixed it.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X