This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centering the site

When I designed my site it sat perfectly center between a one inch strip of white on each side. When I posted the site it shows up with different margins depending on the computer. For instance -- on a MAC laptop it shows up as two inches over to the right so the viewer has to scroll over to the right in order to see the site properly. On other computers it shows two inches to the left ... etc. On my own pc it was always perfectly centered. I really want the right look which is perfectly centered on a white background an inch to each side.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong?

Thank you to any suggestions!!

Kindest regards

Angela
    Last edited by americahelpingheroes; 04-27-2009, 10:26 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Centering the site

Right click on a empty part of your page and bring up the page properties. click the centre in page check box.

the size of the margin will depend on the size of the screen viewed on
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thank you so much. I will try that and see what happens!!

Thanks a gazillion!!

Angela

Comment

Hi Alien Dude-

I tried the center page thing on one of the pages and it seems to still not center perfectly. How about this? If I make it so there is no white strip on either side as I design it and then do what you said ... would there automatically be a white strip at either side? In other words -- am I throwing it off by having those margins in the first place?

Comment

Yes when you build your page in bluevoda you should really build from left and top. good idea is to have the ruler and grid enabled from the tool bar this will help.as the top left is 0 and 0. if you keep the page width to around 1000 that should fit 90% ish of screens
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thank you. I will try this.

Comment

if your going to move the design on your page to the left of the builder try going to EDIT in the tool bar then click Select All then use the left arrow on your keyboard this will drag all the items at once keeping the place
              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thank you so much for your help ... and especially for saving me so much time and patience with the edit and select all tip.

Thanks again.

Angela

Comment

Working...
                X