installing icons onto my index page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing icons onto my index page.

I have installed icons into my forum index page which are currently held in Photobucket as in my original forum, hosted on my behalf elsewhere.

I have installed the same icons in a folder in my FTP but when I try to use these instead I just get the red X

what is the correct path to use?
    I am currently using
    [img]ftp://208.**.***.134/public_html/hea...S/filename.jpg[/img]

what should I be using, please?

Re: installing icons onto my index page.

Now this depends on the forum type you are using. and which icons for on about, most icons for forum are placed in the template or styles folder. usaully it goes from your forum route ie: image/icons/image.gif.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

I have moved all my icons from a seprate folder into one you indicated inside the images folder but I still only get the red X.

The full route to my images gets curtailed here so I am breaking it down into seperate lines instead of using the slash. Can you then indicate to me where I am going wrong.
      The forum is phpBB and currently (as I said) picking them up from photobucket with no problem.

[img]
      FTP://
      203.***.***.134
      public_html
      healingleaves
      images
      icons
      wxyz.jpg
      [/img]

Comment

then you should use the full URL http://www.yoursite then the folder route to the image. ie. images/icons/image.gif but depends on the the folder you have the images in. best way to test is to type the route in your browser first to check the image is there and it.s in that route.
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X