Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop up window in my site

Hi,
    I am designing a site which has as its prime function the marketing of an item. (it's Forex Trading Related) I would like a pop up window to appear the size of which I can regulate as well as the content and position of the pop up..
    I have tried various scripts available on the net by googling for them, having inserted them into the position in the page HTML properties as instructed, but I see nothing when I open the page in the preview browser... also nowhere that I can see (being a coding ignoramous) to insert my specific wording and pis etc. can you help please.
    Thank you.

Re: Pop up window in my site

BV does allow you to create 'pop up' in the link properties. There is a check box with pop up settings

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi Darren,
      Thank you for the reply... are we on the same page? Perhaps my explanation was not correct. What I would like is when the page has been opend by someone, say after 5 seconds a small window opens with a special message... is that not allowed... wonder why? also please you say there is a check box.... please explain? Does this give a sort of pop up box?
      Thank you

Comment

This might help?
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I think that you should be aware that a lot of people don't like popup windows (myself included) and have software to prevent it happening. This would probably reduce the effectiveness of your webpage. Without looking at what you're trying to do, one suggestion is maybe you can always open your page or panel in a new page rather than a popup.
          www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
          www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
          www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
            BV does allow you to create 'pop up' in the link properties. There is a check box with pop up settings

Darren
            Hi Darren I am keen to learn about the p[op up facility in BV. you say it has a "check box" what is this and where is it please.
            I visited the URL you provided - nice, but I got a little lost.
            emailed you on this.
            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
              I think that you should be aware that a lot of people don't like popup windows (myself included) and have software to prevent it happening. This would probably reduce the effectiveness of your webpage. Without looking at what you're trying to do, one suggestion is maybe you can always open your page or panel in a new page rather than a popup.
              Thank you for the interest, I guess that is how market research is done.. however, I'd still like to learn about it.
              thank you

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post

Darren
                Hi Darren what is a check box? is this the ??? that stops one having a popup?

Comment

This will appear when you insert the link, in that very properties box there is wording that says .. OPEN LINK IN POP UP WINDOW - to the very right of this you will see POP UP SETTINGS - here is where you can determine the size of the popup window - you can experiement with the sizes, position to determine what will work best for you ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Lady eye... have done and love it.
                    Thank you for the interest.

Comment

Working...
                    X