Success! Not really.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success! Not really.

I finalized all of my purchases, recieved my welcome e-mail (with IP, username, and password), and tried to publish my pages. The web builder is telling me the the pages are successfully published but when I go to my domain (www.ergo-parent.info) it just shows VodaHost hompage. What is going on? Do I just have to wait longer for my account to be activated?

Re: Success! Not really.

Hi ... looks as though your domain needs point to voda host servers ..

If your domain resides elsewhere, log into your domain registrar and point the domain to your two voda host servers found in your welcome email ..

if the domain resides with voda host, log into vbs billing, also found on your welcome email, near the bottom and go and manage your domain, remove the name severs in the dns and type in the two voda host servers that are in your welcome email .. (note you will use your email and a password to log into vbs billing, different than what you will use for publishing)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok. So I found all of the areas you directed me to but it is just giving me error messages when I click on my domain name:
      There was an error accessing the requested
      Domain. If you need further assistance, Please
      contact your Administrator.

ergo-parent.info.

---E.1---
      and also giving me error messages when I dns name server names. ???? Is that a problem on Voda's end?

Comment

You have to point your domain to the vodahost servers from where ever they are registered. If you registered with voda it will be Voda Billing services where you login.. on the first reciept that you got back you will find the logins.. thats where you fix the dns issue.

If you bought the domain name elsewhere.. you will have to login there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok. So I found all of the areas you directed me to but it is just giving me error messages when I click on my domain name:
          There was an error accessing the requested
          Domain. If you need further assistance, Please
          contact your Administrator.

ergo-parent.info.

---E.1---
          and also giving me error messages when I dns name server names. ???? Is that a problem on Voda's end?

Comment

Ok so when u are there make sure the nameservers MATCH your vodahost welcome letter to your site. If they are anything else other than NS(number).vodahost.com Your site wont work.

NO ITS NOT ON VODA END.. its yours.

Name Server:DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
            Name Server:DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
            Name Server:DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
            Name Server:DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
            Name Server:DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
            you need to change it to the TWO in your email.. for the FOURTH time

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I understand what you are telling me. The first error message came up when I clicked on my domain name. Regardless I clicked on "Change DNS". Once I did that, I typed in the two DNS server names provided in my welcome e-mail and after I hit "submit changes" it proceeded to give me more error messages. I have tried this many times and double checked what I typed in but it is still not working. I don't know where the problem is but I assure you I have followed your directions. I still need help.

--Allison

PS--Sorry for the double posting. I was just not sure if I was in the best forum for my question but I see how the forums work now and it will not happen again.

Comment

Where is your domain name? If vodahost put in a support ticket and have them do it.

If not.. you must contact whoever has it and have them do it for you.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X