Please help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me!

I finished building my website thewaitersnanny.com and have made three pages. One in English, the second in Spanish and the last in Hebrew.
    When asking for preview, the English page seems to be fine, the Spanish has strange characters where the accented vowels and the specific Spanish letters are and the Hebrew page is illegible and all in "chinese". What can I do? Please help me.

Weitzber

Re: Please help me!

You haven't published anything yet so it will be difficult for anyone to see what is going on.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Dear DarrenC
      Thank you for your answer. After your answer I went to the "Publish" phase and after waiting a long time the request was timed out and I received an error message 12002. I tried several times and could not do it. Do you know why?

Bernard

Comment

Try again, might just be a blip. I can see that you have published something, however remember to save your first page as 'index' (all lower case)

Darren
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Dear DarrenC

I am trying to publish my page and keep waiting ang getting the following error message:
          ------
          Internet Exception Error 12002
          Details
          The request has timed out
          ------
          I am realy pissed off and now I am confused and would like to throw away this computer. It must be something I am doing wrong and nobody can tell me why. I work with computers since the punched cards era (some 30 years now) and I never felt so dissapointed. I think age has its effects.

Comment

You might close bv, right click on your desktop icon an select run as administrator to see if this helps. Usually its your firewall blocking access. If this fails you will need to ad blue voda to your allowed applications in your virus and firewall applications.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Dear Karen

Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried all you have written and it does not work. Its very strange, Once the small Publishing window appears sometimes in only advances one or two strips and sometimes 5 or 6 then it seems to get stuck and nothing happens for a while. Then suddenly the Error message.
              I hope I solved the problem of chinese Hebrew text by converting the text blocks into images. (a little rude no?)
              Thanks again.
              Some other suggestion I could try?

Bernard

Comment

How about a link to your site to see whats going on.. if its really large images or a script or something bogging you down.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Bottom line, it's a Connection issue on her side (dial-up, or DSL).

If not a connection issue entirely, it may also be a complete conflict being presented, since different languages (characters) are trying to default at the same time: that is why different language versions of the same site are usually loaded into sub-domains. When using a PHP-based foundation, this is not a problem, because pages are "Ruled" and will use whatever Language Packs are specified, AND pages/Content is created dynamically ... not hard-coded static pages filtered through a single configuration file, as is Blue Voda

Not everyone has the Languages/Fonts loaded onto their system, and that is why the viewing system is substituting fonts .....
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

psssst.. I think Bernard is a HE.. lol not a SHE...lolol.

The different languages shouldnt interfere with the upload as the browser isnt trying to read whats being uploaded, just compiling the packets and moving them, however the subdomain or SUB folder would be a good idea to make the languages work correctly..as would the dynamic pages.

Its definately a connection problem, either loading too many packets due to HUGE images, faulty connection.. or firewall blocks.. which reminds me..

Windows just updated recently and it never fails that it tries to also load its firewall...so if you are using some other software as your firewall, you need to check that the windows firewall isnt also running and interfering.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Dear friends

It seems, like Darren and Karen said, a connection problem.
                      I want to thank you, Karen Mac, DarenC and Vasili for your help. Its great to feel that you are not alone in this "jungle".
                      The simple page has been published successfuly, please vivit www.thewaitersnanny.com
                      Be well and best regards.

Weitzber
                      Private

Comment

Pssst Karen,

Does Vera sound like a he???
                        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

He, she ... whatever!

The point is, I was the one who mentioned the issue being connection related, and suggested the proper formatting for different languages.

This is not rocket science, and merely involves a little bit of thinking to understand what is going on, rather than guessing and wasting time!
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                          X