Secret Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Page

So this may sound weird, but I want to create a page that no one can access unless they have a password. My site is http://www.doughawkins.org/index.html and I want to add a tab or box that certain people can click on and will allow them access if they enter a password. IS this possible? I don't want people to have to register and sign up for an account or anything. Just enter the password to access the page. Thanks!

Steve
    THANKS!!!

-Money Steve

Re: Secret Page

Hi Money
    you can pass word protect a website anything in it look into this

Hope that helps
    Doug

Comment

Well the video makes sense but I still can't do it. I created a new folder under the CP called "private" and saved the BV web page I created in that folder. It's published and PW protected but I can't access it. I created a small box on the home page that I wanted to link the secret page to but it won't open. Any ideas?
      THANKS!!!

-Money Steve

Comment

Hi Money Steve
        Well be sure to password protect www.yourdomain.com/private ...And remember the address is now

May take a few test runs to get it all just so so and working right
        Have fun
        Doug

Comment

Ok. I PW protected the private folder. I have the secret page in the folder and it is titled private as well. So when I save the link on the index it looks like this:

For some reason it isn't working. I know this is pretty easy, I just cant figure it out.
          THANKS!!!

-Money Steve

Comment

Hey Money Steve
            Addressing looks ok.. probably something simple, over looked or misplaced
            make sure the private folder is inside doughawkins.. folder
            Dnez

Comment

You need to have 1 index page per directory, and if you have not created + published an index page to "front" your password protected directory (i.e. doughawkins.com/private/index.html ) naming a 'secret' page "Private" is both redundant and conflicting with protocol: it will not present until the Directory has an index page to 'order' the remaining pages.

What is the purpose of placing a "secret" page inside a Protected Directory, if to access the directory itself you need to have a password??? You can bypass the index page in the Protected Directory by linking to the "secret page" directly, but even then it will not present without an index page!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

What I want to do is just have a box on my home page that says click here for members only. When they click on the box I want a page to open up but they won't be able to see it until they enter a password (just for that 1 page). Does that make any sense?
                THANKS!!!

-Money Steve

Comment

Thanks Vasili
                  Hey Money... The "members only" link can take you to the password protected pages presented in a pop up or I-frames (if you are using frames)
                  As Vasili has instructed... link to ... password protected directory ...
                  (i.e. doughawkins.com/private/index.html ) .. SO ... when it opens.. the password required form will appear in the pop up or frame.
                  Doug

Comment

If you want to have just one "secret" page in your Protected Directory, you will need to name and save it as index, and then publish it to that directory: doughawkins.com/private

The link from your "Main" page to that hidden page looks like this: www.doughawkins.com/private/ ..... this is all, and in this manner, the index page (your only page in the Directory) will present normally once the proper password is entered.
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                    X