No announcement yet.

I want to build my site without google indexing it until I am ready Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to build my site without google indexing it until I am ready Please Help

I will be using a couple of 3rd party scripts that will need a bit of time to build the content etc, and I want to be able to test everything before I actually launch my site.
    Would an UNDER CONSTRUCTION page be the way to go?

Re: I want to build my site without google indexing it until I am ready Please Help

Hi shana
    Yes, an Under Construction page as your domain's index page will do... then you can build and test all your other pages prior to going public... you Might consider a index page with your logo and "Coming Soon"... Keep in mind, any links on your pages to other websites will be seen by search engine companies...and may be made public
    hope that helps
    Doug

Comment

Re: I want to build my site without google indexing it until I am ready Please Help

Thanks Doug
      So when I am ready I just publish my NEW home page as the INDEX page and my UNDER CONSTRUCTION page will be gone?

Comment

when you publish make sure its all LOWER CASE index

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X