Editing htaccess file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing htaccess file

I want to add text to my htaccess file for keyword tracking purposes (the keyword tracking software I am using does not work for .html pages, only .php, so I need to add the following code:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html
    AddHandler x-httpd-php .html

But I already have some code in my htaccess file (to redirect 404 error pages):

ErrorDocument 404 /custom_page.html

So my question is can I put both codes in, & if so do I need to leave blank lines in between?

Also, will changes made to the htaccess file affect all my add on domains?

Thanks.

Re: Editing htaccess file

Using apache handlers for cgi scripts can cause problems. You should add it only to the domain you require the changes for. If its the main domain then the public html folder.. for other domains youd put it in their respective folders.

Its possible it could affect your domains if its the main domain and you are reprogramming the apache handlers to overwrite your default installation. You will have to try it and see.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,
      thanks for your reply. The tracking is for some of my dd on domains (although not all) and not my main domain. The htaccess file is in public_html, so do I need to creat new htaccess files for each add on domain? If so, do I just put one of these into each add on domain folder?

Thanks,

Val

Comment

Yes you will need to make an htaccess file for each domain folder you want it to track.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X