Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding PhP into HML

Hi Guys,

Could someone please give me a step by step instruction to add php into an html page?

Thanling you in advance

Re: Adding PhP into HML

php and html are 2 diferent extensions to publish your page. you would publish php if you have a form in your page as you are requesting an action to be performed, such as sending the information of the filled out form to an email address. this is an action. html is used to display a page on the internet where no action is needed. all you want the people to do is look at your website. think of a document - it has a doc extension but an excel sheet has a xls extension. hope this helps you.
    to publish a page with a php extension, just right click your background and go to page properties and there is a dowm arrow where you can choose the file type needed to show the pge.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I understand that, I want to add an RSS Feed on ym website but the code is in php....is there a way I can add php code on an html page?

Comment

yes.. and you have to change the page properties to php

add the code in an html box

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have done exactly that but nothing happens. Do i need to install phpBB using fantastico for this to work?

Comment

Yes you need to install phpbb via fantastico if you are trying to install a forum unless you know how to do it manually or have read and understand the instructions.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I want to display RSS feeds on my website. The code that i was given is in php but my website is obviously in html.

Comment

rss feeds should be in XML not php unless you are trying to run a script for a parser, in which case you will have to do a tad more than just insert the script on the page.

You can TRY putting it in an html box and changing your page to php on page properties

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

If you insert php onto a html page it will just display the php code, it won't be parsed. You can use a frame or iframe to include a php page onto a html page, but the simpler solution would be to just publish it as a php page.

phpbb is forum software written in php, you don't have to install anything to get php to work, it just have to be on a page with a .php extension.

Register/Login Script
                  Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
                  X