How to ad PayPal to my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to ad PayPal to my site

Soholaunch isnt an option for me so before you suggest it please know I already ruled it out.

I want to use PayPal in my Bluevoda.

I am so confused now by being polluted in trying to learn soho please treat me as if I know nothing.

I simply want the PayPal shopping cart and check out on my site. Do I use the stuff provided in Bluevoda or do I make my buttons on PayPAL?

Do I even have to call Paypal if I already have accounts there?

I have watched the videos and they do not explain enough so please give me a step by step on how to use PayPal.

Thanks in advance

Re: How to ad PayPal to my site

Yes, you can use paypal with your blue voda website .. Although, you can create your buttons within blue voda, I personally like to go to paypal and create my buy now, view cart and add to cart buttons directly at paypal.

Since you have an exisiting paypal account, log into your account and choose the merchant tab .. you can follow their directions there for adding the above mentioned buttons .. it's pretty easy once you are in there ..

a few things to keep in mind

- you will want to create a button for every item you sell ..
    - you will want to create a thank you for your purchase page in blue voda and that will be the url that you will use when paypal asks you the successful payment page
    - shipping options? downloads? - those will be your decisions as to what suits your products you are offering best
    - you copy and paste each code for each item you sell, the code is generated by the information you submit at paypal when creating these buttons
    - the code is then inserted onto your blue voda page via insert > advanced > html > copy and paste . when previewed a button will appear and will take you to your product for purchase using paypal as your merchant
    - its good to add a view cart button on each page at least, if its a long page you might consider two - you use the same code for the view cart buttons, unlike using a different code for each product ..

anything else, feel free to ask ..

Good luck,you can do it ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Ok pretty easy but....

Where do I get the view shopping cart button?

Comment

If you are at paypal directly, then when you create an add to cart button, and it goes to the next page and gives you the code to paste, just look down a bit further and to the right on the page a bit and you will note where it says Create a view cart button ..
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Got it and thank you.

Next question.

I am using drop shipping and want to offer free shipping but a handling fee for each item.

How do I do this with paypal as it will vary per item?

Comment

Hi ... with paypal you can vary shipping amounts, which you could call your handling fees, however, it is related to the pricing structure of your item as pre determined by a table that you input the variants .. meaning if your handling charges reflect the amount of a sale, then this would work ..

You might consider, for ease of use and simplicity, if you do know the handling fee you are going to charge per item, you might consider adding it in directly to the price, do your own math in this regard .. you can then still offer free shipping ..

I should mention that once you have one button created with paypal for a product, if you copy and paste this code into notepad, you will see the item name, price, etc., and these are variants that you could change right at your own desktop, changing item name, price, et.c, instead of staying logged in at paypal directly ..

Good Luck ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                Hi ... with paypal you can vary shipping amounts, which you could call your handling fees, however, it is related to the pricing structure of your item as pre determined by a table that you input the variants .. meaning if your handling charges reflect the amount of a sale, then this would work ..

You might consider, for ease of use and simplicity, if you do know the handling fee you are going to charge per item, you might consider adding it in directly to the price, do your own math in this regard .. you can then still offer free shipping ..

I should mention that once you have one button created with paypal for a product, if you copy and paste this code into notepad, you will see the item name, price, etc., and these are variants that you could change right at your own desktop, changing item name, price, et.c, instead of staying logged in at paypal directly ..

Good Luck ..
                Thanks for the input.

I am searching for the right option right now as to shipping. I dont want to ad it to the price and make the price higher. I would like to sell under list price but with my venders many wont let me do that as its a dealer program and I would be underselling their other dealers. (Think a Subway store and me trying to sell cheaper than other Subway stores)

I am not locked into anything as of yet as I am still waiting on some info from dealers.

Is there anyway that shipping can be added after things are packaged to ship.

Is there a way to go back on their credit card to ad shipping charges?

I am just looking for every option and you seem to know a lot.

I am honestly thankful for the help as my businesses have always been a physical address and not online.

Comment

You can add a priced based flat rate shipping your paypal profile, else you will have to add a shipping cost to the price.

you cannot rebill them later thru paypal.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                    You can add a priced based flat rate shipping your paypal profile, else you will have to add a shipping cost to the price.

you cannot rebill them later thru paypal.

Karen
                    Isnt that doing the same thing?

Is there a way to ad cost based on weight and if so how does it figure before its packaged and weighed?

Simple question I am sure for someone who knows.

Comment

You cant do this without a data base..like soholaunch,cubecart, oscommerce, zencart, or a customized cart.. theres no other way to do it. You have to KNOW the weight prior to adding it to the product and input the price for that product on simple paypal buttons.

Yes its a simple question, which is why i encouraged you to try to take the patience to learn soholaunch, which is by far the easiest database driven cart system there is.

Naval does have a customized cart that will do this, but it wont be free and it will have an admin for you to login etc to add your products.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                        You cant do this without a data base..like soholaunch,cubecart, oscommerce, zencart, or a customized cart.. theres no other way to do it.

Yes its a simple question, which is why i encouraged you to try to take the patience to learn soholaunch, which is by far the easiest database driven cart system there is.

Naval does have a customized cart that will do this, but it wont be free and it will have an admin for you to login etc to add your products.

Karen
                        It isnt about patience. Look at my website www.jamesincemotorsports.com and point me to any built with soho that looks that way.

Branding is very important to me and a basic looking site wont cut it.

Comment

Most database driven carts can be customized to be very CLOSE to that, but if you insist on more than simple features you will have to resort to customization at some point and either pay for templates or pay for the custom carts and database set ups.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                          X