Password protect pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password protect pages

I've found that BlueVoda comes with a built-in page password protect feature after being told here that my only options lie within the obscure underworld of paying for scripts somewhere out there in the backalleys of cyberspace. Thanks guys!
    Now that I've stumbled on BlueVodas' built in password protect feature I cannot simply use it. It asks me to password protect a file directory. So I create a file for it to protect within my _public files department and I move the pages that I want password protect for there.
    Once I do this the pages can no longer be found on the net. It is my current process from experience that when I publish pages I leave them where they initially go and that is all listed in the public file with no other sub files within. Because if you put them in a file they don't appear online.
    So then how do I password protect a file if it has to go within a folder but once in a folder it disappears from the net?
    Thanks for your help?

Re: Password protect pages

Hi cauzm609
    Hummmm... If you have created a folder in your C-Panel (public_html) and you password protect that folder ( i.e everything in it) Then when you address that page... the password request should come up.. It Should..
    But Remember ... since you created a new folder you need to put the folder in the address... so ...the address is now... yourdomain.com/thefolder/thepage.html
    Hope that helps
    Doug

Comment

First thing, you should watch the tutorials...possibly having done that,

if you move the file (yourfile.html) from the public directory to the secret sub-directory, then naturally you would have to change the links (all links) that point to your file(s) to point to its new location and not its old location.

old link -- www.yourpage.com/yourfile.html

new link -- www.yourpage.com/secret/yourfile.html
      NOTE: if you leave them in the original location without changing the links, then they are not going to be password protected.
      Last edited by travlinman; 05-11-2009, 02:21 PM. Reason: not complet

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Originally posted by dougnez View Post
        Hi cauzm609
        Hummmm... If you have created a folder in your C-Panel (public_html) and you password protect that folder ( i.e everything in it) Then when you address that page... the password request should come up.. It Should..
        But Remember ... since you created a new folder you need to put the folder in the address... so ...the address is now... yourdomain.com/thefolder/thepage.html
        Hope that helps
        Doug
        Thanks Doug, some of us type a bit faster than other.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
        Aguycanbeachhostel
        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Ok, thank you! That was the one piece of information I was missing. Thank you for your support.

Comment

Working...
          X