First site published - Google Help Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First site published - Google Help Required

Hi all, just published my first website and everything seems to be working smoothly. Submitted a sitemap.xml file to Google but just wanted to check to see if my metatags had been done correctly by me. Can someone take a look and give me some advice please? as I just feel as if I am getting out of my depth a bit now.

Steve
    www.liverpoolpipeband.com

Re: First site published - Google Help Required

you do not have a correct title tag on the home page (all pages need one)

make it - City of Liverpool Pipes and Drums

Keyword tags are not relevant to your content on your home page either.
    Only use words you use on the page.

very nice site.
    www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Re: First site published - Google Help Required

I agree you need titles on your pages. However, I would rethink the one given to you. Are people searching using City of Liverpool? I doubt it. You don't want anything extra or extraneous in your page titles or page headlines.

I also disagree with you using a different name for your website (on the page) from the name you selected for your url. Why? Because people will remember the big name on the page and think that's the name they need to type to find you. And in your case, it would be very easy to make a header with "Liverpool Pipe Band" then under it have more info - "Liverpool Pipe & Drums - the Northwest of England's premier Pipe Band", for example.

I suggest this page be simply titled - Liverpool Pipe & Drum Band or Liverpool Pipe Band | Pipe & Drum Band

Good luck with your site.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X