publishing what did we do wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing what did we do wrong?

We have published in public_html but only get an html index when the url is viewed.What did we do wrong?the page is saved as index_html is this the problem if so how do we change it?

two cats
    www.catpetalogue.com

We can't believe it we finally get to publish and it goes belly up

Re: publishing what did we do wrong?

save your first page as index and not as index_html.
    html will be automatically added when you publish your page
    Nyoman

Comment

Thanks did that now it comes up with the same index but with parent directory added.If I click on that the page comes up.Does index_html have to be deleted ,if thats right how is it done?I know it must be simple but afraid of stufffing it up.We are both very new to this ,
      two cats

Comment

Ok now it seems to be displaying .I don't know why because i didn't do anything after last post,but still a problem some of the links are coming up without the coloured background they should have(Ichecked in properties and it says they should be the colour I want)also the page is way to wide,I have set the page parameters but changes in the publishing.Damm it!!!!What do I need to do?Please help.I have a doll that comes with the rhyme * if you feel you want to climb the walls and stand right up and shout ,here's a little dammit doll you cannot do without.Just grab it firmly by the legs and find a place to slam it and as you wack it's stuffing out
        shout ----DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT.* well the stuffing almost gone
        hope you can help

Comment

Originally posted by TWO CATS
          Ok now it seems to be displaying .I don't know why because i didn't do anything after last post,but still a problem some of the links are coming up without the coloured background they should have(Ichecked in properties and it says they should be the colour I want)also the page is way to wide,I have set the page parameters but changes in the publishing.Damm it!!!!What do I need to do?Please help.I have a doll that comes with the rhyme * if you feel you want to climb the walls and stand right up and shout ,here's a little dammit doll you cannot do without.Just grab it firmly by the legs and find a place to slam it and as you wack it's stuffing out
          shout ----DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT.* well the stuffing almost gone
          hope you can help
          check again your page, preview in browser before published and make sure everything are ok according your need
          Nyoman

Comment

Working...
          X