Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics don't transfer with website

I wasn't 100% sure where to post this. Here's what I have:

I just built a website for a client (my first). I built it on a computer with Vista. I am saving the whole thing onto a thumb drive, then downloading it onto their computer with Windows XP (2001, I think). When I downloaded it onto their computer, none of the images transferred. When I look at the directory they are saved in, it's "users\owner\documents\bluevoda\images\....... .". XP doesn't have that directory.

Is there a better way to save these so they come up when I transfer these files to their computer?

Re: Pics don't transfer with website

hi
    it could be that xp is not compatable with vista

Comment

In order for BV to find the images, they must be on the exact same path on both computers. Grab all the images from the first computer, take note of the exact path and create that same path on the new computer. This applies to all files used for your website. You may have to actually install BV on the second computer rather than copy; I'm not sure.
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks for the input. I installed BV on the client's computer, but to no avail. I'll figure something out. Thanks again!

Comment

The images and site files reside in MY DOCUMENTS.. not in the Bv program file itself. You will need to locate this folder and restore it on the new computer in the EXACT location that it resided before.. else you will have to RE insert all images and RE save all the pages.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The problem is probably between XP and Vista in XP the folder is "My Documents" in Vista under each user it is "Documents."

Comment

the problem is that the file directories are not the exact same thing. the easiest way to transfer your pages to another computer is to save them all as templates, then put them on your flash drive then load them onto the other comp. saving them as templates will keep all the pics and everything on the file and you can still edit it as long as you have blue voda on the computer you are transfering it to.

hope this helps.
              $T3V3

Comment

if i may - the easiest way to transfer a website from one computor to the other is to use the File/New Page/from existing html/remote/urladdressof thepage. that way the images go to the image folder on the new computor immediately. after that just tweak the positions and sizes, save the page on the new computor and publish it.
                hope this helps
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Yes you can do as Mr Magoo suggested but one set back is that everything on the webpage will be tuned into a picture image including your Header text or logo made with Logomaker and can only be edited as an image only.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem but in reverse. I posted a question but sadly it was transferred to The Personal Computer Forum.

If you wish to tranfer your files from Vista to XP just click "New Folder" in XP and create the same file system that your files are saved in on Vista. When this is done, drag the appropriate files into each corresponding folder you have created. Unfortunately you cannot seem to do this if you want to transfer from XP to Vista as Vista automatically adds the prefix " ( your name )/users to the Documents and Settings file you are trying to create in Vista.

See Personal Computer Fourm: Johnheatingman
                    Last edited by johnheatingman; 05-26-2009, 03:47 PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

Originally posted by johnheatingman View Post
                      Hi, I have the same problem but in reverse. I posted a question but sadly it was transferred to The Personal Computer Forum.

If you wish to tranfer your files from Vista to XP just click "New Folder" in XP and create the same file system that your files are saved in on Vista. When this is done, drag the appropriate files into each corresponding folder you have created. Unfortunately you cannot seem to do this if you want to transfer from XP to Vista as Vista automatically adds the prefix " ( your name )/users to the Documents and Settings file you are trying to create in Vista.

See Personal Computer Fourm: Johnheatingman
                      Hi Johntheheatingman,

This is your second Post on the same subject which is called Spam.

You should wait for someone to answer your query in the Computer Forum.
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hello, I have a question about transferring my website file to another computer. I've located my files and images on laptop in the path Janice/documents/bluevoda. I copied them to a flash drive. I want to upload them to my friends computer, but in what path, I;ve notice that on ftp the files are under a different path c:/users/janice/documents/bluevoda/
                        Which path do I create when uploading the files to my friends pc?

Comment

Transfer Web Pages to another computer

I've read, I think just about all of the posts about transferring web pages/files to another computer. I will try tomorrow. I'm delivering the website to the owner who will take over the site. My question is regarding the file path. I don't think I've read anyone being successful, I hope they just didn't back with a reply. anyway...

1. I've located the files under janice/documents/bluevoda and copied them to a flash drive. the images files are included.
                          2. I have also noticed on ftp the local files are under
                          c:/users/janice/documents/bluevoda.
                          3. when creating the path on my friends pc which path do I use?

I would appreicate any help!

kartisimdesign.com

Comment

You will have to use the c;/users/janet path and probably create it in the user folder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Karen...will give it a go tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                              X