Google Map Garble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Map Garble

I cut-n-pasted a Google map onto my page and got garble before and after the map image:

аЯрЁБс>ўџ ўџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџRoot Entryџџџџџџџџ№Ћ–шЋжЩРContentsџџџџџџџџџџџџ Рџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџўџџџ§џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџўџџџ ўџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџRoot Entryџџџџџџџџ0JFЌжЩРContentsџџџџџџџџџџџџ Рџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџўџџџ§џџџўџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ ўџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџ ўџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ џџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџџ CBlueVodaDocџўџ !BlueVoda!ђџўџ Directionsџџџџ€€џўџ XџўџArial џўџџўџџўџџўџџўџџўџџўџџџCWebHtmlџџџџџџџџ„L­Xџџ џџўџџўџџўџџўџHtml1џўџџ‘

[GRAPHIC IMAGE OF MAP WAS INSERTED HERE]

View Larger MapдаШЁџџџрпуqodрпуџўџџўџ џўџџўџphpџўџџџџџџџўџ ISO-8859-1џўџountain+View,+CA&output=json&oe=utf8\ &sensor=true_or_false&key=ABQIAAAACarzpJzN-tj*****ic4yDRTT5X6uK_Thy73pty76C06yLerLahQGAmes35r tFKjsKUgBWiTrpee5dg џўџџўџphpџўџџџџџџџўџ ISO-8859-1џўџrial џўџџўџџўџџўџџўџџўџџўџџџCWebHtmlџџџџџџџџ ЁžџџџџўџџўџџўџџўџHtml1џўџџP<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps

How do I fix this, please?

Re: Google Map Garble

Copy and paste your code ...from wherever you copied it.. to notepad. Then copy and paste it to an HTML box.. not a text box.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,

Thanks for your assistance.

I haven't copied code to a text box. I selected "Insert-Advanced-HTML" I right-clicked on the HTML box and selected properties. I saved the code into notepad first and re-opened it and then cut and pasted the code into the properties HTML box.

When I preview the page, the map displays properly. When I navigate to the page from the URL, it still displays the same as in my original post.
      Last edited by Sassybanjo; 05-17-2009, 03:09 PM. Reason: additonal info

Comment

Link to the page...so we can see it

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

http://www.newdirectionschurch.com/map.html

Comment

all that stuff is being added somehow by your computer. are you getting the code from google itself? It looks like you are using microsoft word to generate your html

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I got the code from the Google Maps page. I copy-n-pasted it into the HTML box. I'm not using word. Some of the text says "Blue Voda" :

(CBlueVodaDocџўџ !BlueVoda!ђџўџ Directionsџџџџ€€џўџ XџўџArial џўџџўџџўџџўџџўџџўџџўџџџCWebHtmlџџџџџџџџ""ИИџџџџ ўџџўџџўџџўџHtml1џўџџН)

I don't know why it displays fine in preview mode but not live.

Comment

download a new copy of BV and reinstall it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: Google Map Garble (Fixed)

Thanks, Karen

I did install a new version and then I realized I needed to change the file ext from html to php. DUH!

You're awesome though, for hanging with me!

Comment

Working...
                  X