Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV Publishing difficulty

Hi, (Client ID: 34235)
    I have a domain name with ********s in the UK and can't yet move it to Vodahost because I haven't had it for more than 60 days. Therefore, I have pointed my account to the ********s nameservers (I think!)
    I assume it works because when I type in my domain name www.niceplacelettings.co.uk I get the apache server page.
    However, when I publish my bv site using the publish button, I cant see any pages when I look for it on my browser.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Re: BV Publishing difficulty

hi you will not be able to publish it in bv until you get a server ip address
    hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for your help,

I have got an ip address
      ns1.voda35.com174.36.20.24
      ns2.voda35.com174.36.20.25

Musky

Comment

hi just looked in my cpanel log in and looked for your ip address that you have given me and ns1.voda35.com174.36.20.24 ns2.voda35.com174.36.20.25 is not that ip address
        it sayes 208.43.222.136 not 174.36.20.25 which is on the publish web page ip address hope this helps

Comment

thanks for your help.
          Sorry but is this my error in configuring my uk nameservers?
          Or do I need to go into my voda c panel and reconfigure something there?
          Should I raise a support ticket with bf support?
          I'm not very familiar with this process!

Comment

Hi Musky,

2 stage process;

1st Stage
            Your domain, if you've bought it outside BV, thats a different entity. Log in to your cPanel of your DOMAIN HOST (whoever you bought your domain from) and update the names servers to the 2 name servers given to you by VH (voda host) when you sign in for an account. It should have something like ns1.voda35.com and ns2.voda35.com (just an example).

The "ns" (name server) details should have been emailed to you by VH (Voda Host) after you've signed up, as a welcome to VH and BV thing. With this details, you should also have your primary login user name and password given to you by VH. The 3rd important thing is your IP address which should come with the above. Something like 208.43.222.136, just an example.

2nd Stage
            When you're ready to publish a web page, after clicking on the "publish" button, you will be asked to put in your user name and password. Most importantly, see that the "SERVER IP" option highlights the IP address given to you by VH.

The rest is another history on your learning journey.........Good Luck!

Chow.

Comment

Hi if you open bv and at the bottom of the page it says control panel
              Press that c panel login will open look for the ip address I gave you
              Enter that +user name+password and then press log in if you log into
              Your c panel you know its working then if you go into publish
              You will see another login do the same as you c panel then it should be ok
              Please let me know how you get on
              Graham

Comment

Hi Musky,

Go and check out these threads...........
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Golly,

The ip addresses are different for different clients as assigned by VH. It all depends on which server you've been assigned, so your ip could be different to the ip assigned to Musky.

Musky, check your welcome email again from VH to see if an "ip looking" combination starts with any of the below numbers,
                  [208.---.---.---]
                  [67.---.---.---]
                  [74.---.---.---]
                  [75.---.---.---]

There are 32 combinations in total but they all start with any of the numbers above. Good luck mate.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your help!

My uk server settings were incorrect
                    My saved pages had uppercase and spaces
                    A form was saved in html (should have been php)

Blue Voda support is excellent!!

Thanks,
                    Musky

Comment

Working...
                    X