publishing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing issue

This is a weird one. I am redoing my site, making it friendlier with happy calming colors and fonts for my targeted audience. My problem is that now, after a few hours after a page being published, the images on the pages get all messed up. As if for whatever reason, the page is pulling the images and allocating them to the wrong place. I tried deleting all my files off of FTP and republished about a 3rd of my pages to only have the same issue. Am I doing something wrong? I don't like having to republish all the files on the page each time this happens. It will turn into a full time job just republishing. The only thing I am doing differently now is that I'm using the logo builder to create three different Headlines instead of just one as I had in the previous site. However, I am not copying them, I am making a new one for each sentence. On the site they are the pink sentences. Plus, When I publish my site, each one of those gets it's own unique image name so I don't understand why or how the overlap is occurring? And each time it's different pages and different images.

I posted a page (www.bigpawservices.com/help.html with two snap shot images of the pages. the first image is how it should be. The second image is how it messes up. Please help me! I can't have my site down for too long, my business is really picking up and I need to finish this site fast.

Thank for all your help guys!!!

Adir

p.s.

I tried viewing the pages in name on my HP laptop, the Dell laptop, and an ***** laptop. They all show the same thing! grrr this is driving me crazy!
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Re: publishing issues, Help!!!

Hi Adir,

Try viewing with IE8. There is nothing wrong with the images in your webpage????????????????
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

If I remember correctly, you can use only one logo image per page.
      Go to Tools/Options/Publish and check the box for: Use page name for image prefix.
      This can help prevent images from accidentally being overwritten.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

OOPS!

I see the blanks now.

Delete and re do or

Redo and take a snapshot or screencapture the whole page then crop it to size and reload into BV using a pic or shape tool.

This way none of the pics will go awol.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I have tried viewing via firefox, IE8, ovature, and safari. The problem has not corrected. I constantly republish the pages that get messed up. check out this page on your browser. I will not republish it so you can see. www.bigpawservices.com

As for the using the logo program, on the the previous site, all the paws you see on the side of the page where all done via the logo builder. I never had any problems until I decided to tweak the side a bit. What a foolish mistake that was. I'm working 16 hour days at least on the computer. pulled many all nighter;)

I think it all started when I tried doing the php method to make life easier if I need to make changes to the banner and menu links. After it started messing up I gave up and went back to the old way of manually making the changes per page rather than the php method.

But thanks for the advise. I will save all the logo sentences as images and do that. God that's looking like a long ass project! perhaps I should crack open a case of beer for this long long week a head of me, make that a keg;)

Adir
          Mr. Big Paw
          Big Paw Services

Comment

Hi Adir,
            I just opened your site - with Firefox....
            Home: images a little messy
            Forum: ditto
            Contact us: image squares ALL blank
            ...all other pages the images are just fine
            sorry I don't know enough to help you but just to let you know what I see,
            david
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Re: publishing issue

Thanks David. I appreciate your input and help. Any help is better than no help. I have decided to take the long route and just redo the whole site without any use of the bv logo builder. I like the logo too much but appearently it has too many bugs. I'll still be using it to create the images I need but I will be taking an extra step in the process. I will be previewing each page than saving the images I need into as png or jpeg files than delete the logo image and insert the new image file. If there is a fast quicker way I don't know it but sometimes, the long route is the safest.

I hope this helps trouble shoot helps anyone with similar issues. I realize the complexity of the BV program but wish there was a way for BV to explain in the tuturials or just text files of the various bugs or limitations we should be aware of.
              Mr. Big Paw
              Big Paw Services

Comment

Hi Adir,

I just previewed your index page in Opera and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your page.

As for logomaker I have been using it for a few years and it is one of the best Tool in BV. There are no bugs as you claimed.

Not many users know how versatile this tool is if you are a creative person
                test it thoroughly.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                State of Johor.

Comment

Zuriatman, T

hanks for checking. I fixed the issue a few days ago. I tried many times for many days. First, I kept on deleting all my file off the ftp, changed all my image names, and republished them. The issue continued. Eventually, after many failed atempt, I got rid of all the logo images. I love that program and use it all the time. All the paws and pink header text were all created via the logo maker. However, those overwrites and images going awol or loading in a different locations or one on top of the other was too frustrating. So I change my method of inserting the logo maker images. First I preview the image in preview then I save it as a picture file and insert it where I wanted the logo image to be. It takes a bit longer to do but the frustration of wasting days on an issue that is uncommon and strange was worth it. Anyhow, those images I have now I can control their file name so when I publish, for example, the paw images don't dublicate anymore and have my ftp full of over 1000 images. Now I only have 8 images of the paws for all 40+ pages. Before, when publishing, the logo maker images that are identical on each page, bv named each one of them a different name loading my ftp with thousands of images. I had over 2000 files on the ftp! This method, saves lots of space on your ftp, loads the webpage much quicker, and saves much time for the future.
                  Mr. Big Paw
                  Big Paw Services

Comment

Hi Adir,
                    just took another look....much better :)
                    BUT...may I suggest you maintain the same format for your heading?
                    My comment/question refers to the size/font used in
                    Training/Walking/Hiking/Running/Pet-Sitting
                    When you use the style on "About Us" we can see all the dogs
                    When you use the style on "Home" "Pet-Sitting" obscures the faces/heads of 3 dogs!
                    david
                    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi,

I am not in favour of saving logos text or headers as pics. I have done many variations in the options in logo maker and with a BG or as text only
                      as it does not allow you the flexibility of adjustments.

I have never had problems using the logo created as is.
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      State of Johor.

Comment

Thanks Ahimsa! I'm far from done. I am actually changing the whole site look again, and probably again after that;) I will remember to make sure I have the dogs sent to the front! Or any image for that matter.
                        Mr. Big Paw
                        Big Paw Services

Comment

Zuriatman,

Trust me when I tell you I'm not in favor of that method either! It's a huge pain! I came to realize that perhaps the issue occurred prior to me deleting html file off the ftp. I changed all my files to php so I can create a one header, one footer pages to save me some time. I speculate that was most likely my issue! The browser was trying to load pictures from the php and html files at the same time. I can now use the logo maker the way I used to! however, since I coverted many of those logo files into image files, I will use them until I have to change them in the future. The only plus side is that when they are image files you can better name them and give them alt attributes. More ways for google to index the site.
                          Mr. Big Paw
                          Big Paw Services

Comment

Working...
                          X