Setting Hot Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Hot Spots

I am call Charles Fonkem with domain name Cafcoop.org.

I have a page to design containing a map on which visitors need to click on an area and the link open another page. This I know is called Client-side image map or hot spot.

Please, can someone help me know how to create hot spots in Soholaunch. I am anxiously waiting for a reply.

Thanks

Re: Setting Hot Spots

Hi All,

Is there no one to give me a head way to setting hot spot with soholaunch?
    Please, I am anxiously waiting for it is very urgent.

Comment

What you are looking for is indeed called an image map (I've never heard it referred to as a hotspot however). I haven't a clue how to do it in soho as I don't use it (or BV for that matter). I can tell you how to hand code it, but I don't know if that is a route your wanting to/can take

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

You can probably try creating the image map in BV and then copy / paste the code into Soho.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You will have a difficult time trying to hyperlink specific areas within an image to create a "link map" and to paste it onto a Soho page.

If you are particularly tied to using visual clues, try making thumbnail snapshots (screenshots) of the pages themselves and hyperlinking them as you create a "list" on a Soho page.

Otherwise, it is perfectly acceptable to merely have hyperlinked text laid out as a "heirarchy" of pages ..... or what used to be called a "navigation tree" .... this is easiest to 'compose' in a Soho page, the most widely used method overall, and can be easily updated without a lot of fuss whenever required.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You can add custom html to soholaunch. Please read the stickies above on the how to. Withthat said.. soho wont create it for you.. you will need photoshop or equivalet and create the coding and linking necessary and then add the custom code to the page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X