Pictures, logos & buttons not publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures, logos & buttons not publishing

I am by every stretch of the imagination an amatuer, but I have succussfully published almost 70 pages on my web site and without changing any of the proceedures for setting up a page and publishing, I have suddenly found that most of my pictures, logo and glass buttons will not reproduce when published. Everything was going so well and now this.

I have read a few of the previous threads and I have checked the BV folder in 'my documents' and everything looks okay. The pages are saved as a php and I am running XP. I have to stress that everything has been fine with a large number of pages published but something has suddenly occurred which is making it impossible to publish any more pages.

I am desperate for help if anybody has any ideas.

Steve

Re: Pictures, logos & buttons not publishing

in properties of the pictures telling me Type: text/html that could be it , as all the other websites i looked at the type was png or jpg
    www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Hi Fae

I am sorry I do not understand. I have just checked the properties and all text uses php and the pictures and buttons are all gif files, where do you see html? What I cannot understand is that for weeks everything has been working fine and suddenly I have this problem. I have not recently had any new software installed or had any particular issues relating tio virouses, etc.

Comment

Youve alot of spaces in your picture names.. when you upload a space an Underscore or % is entered into that space when its publsihed.. therefore bv cannot find the images as its looking for the spaces.

Rename your images without spaces and reinsert them to your page.

Then save and publish.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen

Are we talking about 'Alt text' with regard to pictures and buttons?

So were I have been using _ between words in 'Alt text' are you saying do not leave any gaps between the words?

Regards

Steve

Comment

Rename the files themselves. A picture named "spain.jpg" is much more likely to work than "Photograph%20-%20Silver%20key.jpg"

The alt text is useful for the search engines, but is not what Karen meant.
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Karen

I have just tried publishing the same page I have just added a new square shape with the BV blue graduated tint. I named the shape 'Spain' and tried publishing it. The result is yet another white box on the published page with a rather neat red cross on the top left.

Steve

Comment

Hi Tom

If I rename all of the images, I presumme I would lose the images off the existing pages, I assume all images on 60 something pages would need to be re-published, is that correct?

Do you have any ideas as to why after publishing so many pages with no problems, why this has suddenly happened?

Regards

Steve

Comment

Can't see my home page

Vodasupport just sent me my info today on getting my pages on the internet but I really don't know why I don't see it on the internet. They gave me a temperary URL and I typed it into the website bar and my home page did not appear what am I doing wrong.

Comment

Re: Can't see my home page

Originally posted by Aub View Post
                    Vodasupport just sent me my info today on getting my pages on the internet but I really don't know why I don't see it on the internet. They gave me a temperary URL and I typed it into the website bar and my home page did not appear what am I doing wrong.

Aub,

This is Steve Croxton's Post and his problem has still not been able to be resolved successfully.

Please open a new post for yourself so others may attend to you.
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi

I am simply applying common sense to a problem I do not understand. I am able to publish text and that is about all that can be seen. Pictures, logo, glass buttons or simply shapes of colour are only identified with a white outline and a red cross. The situation is -

1. All of the earlier pages, published up to about 10 days ago are fine. They published okay at the time and they reproduce as expected on the browser.
                      2. The naming of the pictures, buttons, etc has worked fine for all those published so far. Again, I would have thought if the naming of these items was the cause of them not reproducing, it would have been evident a few months ago when I started publishing. I simply cannot understand at such a late stage, why this would suddenly become a problem.
                      3. I then considered if the problem could be inside my computer, but I have had no new hardware or software added since starting this web site, nor have I had any new security software added, and I have made no adjustments to the security used. Absolutely nothing has changed on the computer.
                      4. Also, the header and footer on the page were not produced by me, they have been put together by somebody far more knowlegable than me (but he is away on holiday at the moment). Even if the additional pictures and areas of colour on each page applied by me had not been named correctly, I would expect the header and footer component parts would all be fine.

While I am desperate to find the solution to the problem, and if it takes renaming all of the page components, then so be it, I will have no choice but to get on and do it. However, this is a very big task and I have just tested a single square box and gave it a one word title and this did not work.

In my own mind I cannot reconsile to the fact that the naming of the components is a problem, they may not be perfectly named, but otherwise I would not have almost 70 pages published so far. No hardware or software or security has changed on the computer being used to create the pages. I suppose the big question to be answered is what has happened over the last 10 days that is causing this problem, has there been any issues on the servers at Bluevoda?

I am totally dependent on web sites for my business, the lack of progress to find a solution is costing me and I simply need to find the solution, whatever it is. I would sincerely appreciate help at the earliest opportunity.

Steve Croxton

Comment

Working...
                      X