Dreamweaver: files in file manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamweaver: files in file manager

I paid a developer to build my website and database.

There are some corrections (spelling errors) on the pages which need to be corrected.
    Also, rather than bother a programmer to make minor changes, I would like to do it myself.

I wanted to know, can I go into file manager and download the pages so I can make the changes. I do have a copy of dreamweaver.

Anyone know how to do this as I cannot figure it out.

or

as a matter of practice, should I have the programmer send files of each page to me directly?

Are these files the same?

Thanks again.

Re: Dreamweaver: files in file manager

You don't need dreamweaver to edit it, you can use wordpad (or notepad, although it may not preserve line breaks/spacing that is in place for readability). If you go into your file manager it should let you edit/save directly from the website, which will also work just as well.

Depending on how the program has it setup it could be somewhat simple to change the text, or extremely complicated. Make sure you have a backup before you make any changes.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea to have your programmer send you a backup of the entire website in zip archive just incase you ever need to reupload it (or part of the website).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Dreamweaver: files in file manager

Thanks for the advise and the timely response.

Every day is an adventure.

mike

Comment

Working...
      X