Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only text publishes, pictures, logo, glass buttons do not publish

Hi

I am simply applying common sense to a problem I do not understand. I am able to publish text and that is about all that can be seen. Pictures, logo, glass buttons or simply shapes of colour are only identified with a white outline and a red cross. The situation is -

1. All of the earlier pages, published up to about 10 days ago are fine. They published okay at the time and they reproduce as expected on the browser.
    2. The naming of the pictures, buttons, etc has worked fine for all those published so far. Again, I would have thought if the naming of these items was the cause of them not reproducing, it would have been evident a few months ago when I started publishing. I simply cannot understand at such a late stage, why this would suddenly become a problem.
    3. I then considered if the problem could be inside my computer, but I have had no new hardware or software added since starting this web site, nor have I had any new security software added, and I have made no adjustments to the security used. Absolutely nothing has changed on the computer.
    4. Also, the header and footer on the page were not produced by me, they have been put together by somebody far more knowlegable than me (but he is away on holiday at the moment). Even if the additional pictures and areas of colour on each page applied by me had not been named correctly, I would expect the header and footer component parts would all be fine.

While I am desperate to find the solution to the problem, and if it takes renaming all of the page components, then so be it, I will have no choice but to get on and do it. However, this is a very big task and I have just tested a single square box and gave it a one word title and this did not work.

In my own mind I cannot reconsile to the fact that the naming of the components is a problem, they may not be perfectly named, but otherwise I would not have almost 70 pages published so far. No hardware or software or security has changed on the computer being used to create the pages. I suppose the big question to be answered is what has happened over the last 10 days that is causing this problem, has there been any issues on the servers at Bluevoda?

I am totally dependent on web sites for my business, the lack of progress to find a solution is costing me and I simply need to find the solution, whatever it is. I would sincerely appreciate help at the earliest opportunity.

Steve Croxton

Re: Only text publishes, pictures, logo, glass buttons do not publish

There is an answer for this on the forum somewhere, but cant find it at the mo. But if you use the www. in the url it works ok & the images come up.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Only text publishes, pictures, logo, glass buttons do not publish

Chris

You are brilliant, fantastic, many, many thanks. It had to be something really fundamental and I did not see it. I am so very gratefull.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X