Uploading Avator pic on forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading Avator pic on forum

I am an administrator of my forum and i want to be able to upload profile pics on my members profiles, because some of them do not know how to do it themselves. I already know how to change my own avator on the forum, but all i want to know is how to change rigistered user avators. Anybody know?

Re: Uploading Avator pic on forum

I don't think the default functionality of phpbb allows for this. There might be a mod. You may want to consider make a post on your forum that contains a tutorial (take some screenshots with arrows pointing where to click), and teach users how to upload their profile picture (especially if they ever want to change it so they don't have to have you always do it).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks again watdaflip, its just that on other forums if i didn't know how to upload my avator pic i would email the administrator my pic and they would do it for me. A tutorial is a great idea, might put one together.

PS: i emailed you my cpanel login details so that hopefully you can more the error coding from my forum.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay K View Post
        Thanks again watdaflip, its just that on other forums if i didn't know how to upload my avator pic i would email the administrator my pic and they would do it for me
        Are you sure it was a phpbb forum? I know forums like this forum, which is running vbulletin will allow the administrator to change pretty much any of its users settings. I'm pretty sure phpbb just allow for the basics.

PS. Sorry I would have responded a couple hours sooner, I didn't see you had replied with the login info. its fixed now

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hi Jay.
          - Go to admin control panel, under "general admin" find configuration.
          - Click on configuration and find "avatar settings"
          - enable all options and your members will be able to upload their own avatars.
          - If they register there will be a field where they can upload their own avatar. If they are already registered, they just need to go into "profile" scroll all the way down and they find the avatar option there.

Comment

Working...
          X