X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In trying to solve a republishing issue, I found another problem

Hi Everyone,

My home page comes up fine. http://whoisdalelovett.com
    The contact page comes up as it did not need updating. The rest do not. Everything looks OK in C-panel as far as I can see.

I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong in republishing some updated pages. Each time I republished, I got the "successful" screen. I saved before publishing. Went to see it LIVE...the old one kept coming up. I cleared the cache a couple of times and tried again. Didn't work either. I tried with both Blue and Filezilla. Neither gave me the desired results.

Now in addition to the above, the menu links are trying to come up as a pop-up link though each is configured to come up in it's own regular page. Not only that but now even the old pages aren't coming up; I get this 404 message.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.whoisdalelovett.com Port 80

I did submit a ticket, they answered once (that was about the caching)
    They must be really busy as they need to respond again, unless a kind soul figures out my errors before they can get to it.

Burned out on this,
    Dale Lovett.

Re: In trying to solve a republishing issue, I found another problem

Hi .. I don't see any 404 errors, so perhaps those are resolved .. why not try adding the words test to your page in a certain area and republish and we will let you know if we see the changes, perhaps it is only you .. have you checked to ensure you are publishing to the correct forlder for your domain .. (public_html for your main domain or the folder name for an add on domain) ..

your target area for the links to your other pages should be left empty .. this will prevent the multiple pages from opening .. if that doesnt work, remove the word you are linking, retype, reinsert the url and leave the target area empty .. republish ..

as well .. scroll down the bottom of your page, ther are a few "double click to edits" running loose, lol .. you might want to remove those ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, LadyEye. I appreciate your help. It might be firefox as it worked differently in IE. I went and deleted everything in c-panel and started all over again. That seemed to work for everything but one page. Maybe I had done that by the time you saw the site. (was up really late last night).
      I hope you're paid well for what you do, to us you are a God-send!
      Thanks again,
      Dale

Comment

No one gets paid to help our Peers learn and make progress in these VodaTalk Forums .... it is strictly a volunteer effort, even serving as a Moderator!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X