X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to change MX entry for Google Apps

Hello All,

Please help!

I am unable to change MX entry records so my emails from domain www.dvsolutionsuk.co.uk points to google apps for email, docs and calender services. I keep getting the following: Error fetching zone data for dvsolutionsuk.co.uk.db's MX.

The error comes after I make the necessary changes in cpanel for MXentry.

I looked through the forum and other knowledge base but most said to raise a ticket but that does not really help at all these days as you don't get a response. Ticket details raised is IWT-334363 at 3.52PM.

Please help this is urgent. Thank you.

Re: Unable to change MX entry for Google Apps

Because you have already submitted a Support Ticket, there is nothing anyone can do for you in these forums.

Wait for a reply from Support, and let them correct your mis-entry.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

My domain name is abc.com and my links don't work, can you please take a look.
      The more information you provide the better.

1) Domain Name (or a link to the EXACT problem page).
      2) A complete a detailed description of the problem.
      3) If you have open support tickets on the topic. Please provide the ticket ID's for reference.

I am hoping someone can please assist in this forum based on number 3 above on how to get help from vodahost.

If support have not responded to a ticket raised at 3.52PM now 8.25PM......I think the idea of support is out. And I am trying to sort an MX-Entry for emails, thats all. Thanks

Comment

Sorry! Without access to your server, your Control Panel, or the ability to see whatever entries you have made at your Registrar, there is nothing anyone can do for you in these forums!

Please stop posting further requests for assistance for this issue in the VodaTalk Forums!

Comment

Thanks! re server and control panel details. My understanding from the seeking assistance from this forum meant seeking help as advised by the 3 points Vodahost advised in this same forum. Would you be king enough to advise what else one should do if directed to come here for help by Vodahost? I noticed you have been with Vodahost for a while and may even be an administrator.

Comment

Nope! Not an Administrator, not a Moderator either .... just a lowly webbie like everyone else! Well, maybe not "just like everyone else" but you get the idea.

I know for a fact you made an incorrect entry, which is probably why Support wants you to un-do your efforts and learn to do things according to protocol (so you don't mess things up again). They will, no doubt, come back with a personalized solution if you reply to the email you got and ask for more help.

In the meantime, since there are no specific Tutorials for MX Entries in these forums, you may wish to go in your Control Panel and get on the "MX" page, and then view the HELP prompt in the top right corner (the Helps are "page-specific" so you need to be on the page you are interested in).

Additionally, you may wish to Google for "free mx records entry tutorials" to see if you can find some you will understand easily enough.

In all my years (since 1999), with all my websites (300+) and in dealing with all my domains (still have 288 unused), I have never had to make a MX entry or to change an MX setting - ever. It may be possible you have been confused between DNS settings, or how to configure your email client. I suggest you reset your MX records to the default entries they were, and start over with a lot more resources in hand to clarify your task so you do not circumvent the protocols ...... just a suggestion!

Comment

Vasili....thanks so much.... here is me thinking you were sent to make the day worse, not realising communication may not be your strenght.

I really do appreciate your suggestion and will follow it as well. Don't know if you are aware of google apps (I am sure you must be) thats all I am trying to use and it does require mx entry to be changed so emails point to google servers, quite a simple process really if things work as they should and no you can't make an incorrect entry I love Vodahost for that it just won't allow you.

All in all, you have been helpful, thanks and God bless.

Comment

Working...
              X