PayPal Shipping Help Needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Shipping Help Needed!!!

For the website I created I managed to sidestep many issues with PayPal's limitations by settling for an alternate setup. One example of such is not having a drop-down menu for size options so I created multiple "Add to Cart" buttons with separate size options. Problem solved sufficiently.

Well, the newest and most frustrating issue is shipping. I first wanted to offer the first item at a set shipping fee and every item thereafter at a slightly less shipping cost. ($7 for the first and $2 for additional, for example). If someone orders multiples of the same item in the same size using only one of my "Add to Cart" buttons, this works just fine. Unfortunately, each "first item" added to the cart using separate buttons starts at the higher shipping rate each time and only discounts when two of the exact same item is ordered. GRRR!!!

Currently, I am just doing $2.50 shipping per item, but this is not how I intend to leave it. I would ultimately like to offer, I said before, first item at a set shipping price (regardless of which item they order, just any first item added to cart), each additional item at a lesser shipping price (again, regardless of what item), and then to further complicate things I would like to offer free shipping for goods orders totaling $50+.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? I know I have read some similar threads in which NavalDesign has demonstrated coding PayPal buttons with additional options into forms on BV. This is what I am hoping to be able to do, I just need some guidance. (Naval I hope you are reading this! ;) ) I have limited HTML knowledge from one class taken at Georgia Tech many years ago but try to read and understand more complex code to the best of my ability. If I can understand the reasoning behind things I can usually wrap my brain around it all fairly well.

Please help!

Also, the page I am referring to is http://www.fsapvo.com/shirts.html

Thanks!!

Re: PayPal Shipping Help Needed!!!

Hi .. going directly to pp gives you the option for the drop down menu you refer to .. so that can be corrected .. the shipping is an issue .. you can custom set this with your preferences in pp, you can set it on a dollar amt .. from x amt of dollars to x amt of dollars is x amount .. but if your item prices vary alot, this wouldn't work for you, but you can round it out so that it could potentially work .. i know this doesnt help you fully, but gets you through a bit while you are waiting on Naval ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: PayPal Shipping Help Needed!!!

Unfortunately these calculations can not be performed by the standard PayPal shipping calculation system.

Unfortunately you don't even have control over this even by using custom coded buttons. The reason for this is that the buttons can't "know" how many items there are already in the cart.

The ONLY way you can do it is by using a cart that is inside your site with a custom made shipping calculation routine. But as you understand this costs.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X