Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help editing PHP on a form

Hello Voda Experts

Firstly, my Account ID# is 24513. The domain name is amalgamated-services.co.uk.

Secondly, I am having a problem with my enquiry form.

I have told it, using the Form Properties > General tab to use PHP to process the contents of the form and send them to my work address - info@asllimited.co.uk.

When I click submit on the form, it goes to the "success" page but the email doesn't reach me.

I changed the address to my yahoo account and received the submission successfully.

When the submission comes to my yahoo account, it is listed with my yahoo email address as both the to and from settings.

I have spoken to our IT support who tell me that we have a spam filter set to refuse emails which are listed as both to and from the same email address and they have told me to change one of them on the website so that the submissions come through.

Now, I can't see a place to change this setting in Form Properties > General and it seems that I need to be editing the PHP.

I've never edited PHP though and don't know what to change or what to change it to.

Could someone give me an example of what the text I'm looking for is likely to say, what exactly I should change it to, what file I need to adjust and what software I can use to adjust it with?

Ideally I'd like the From address to use the email address which has been entered into the form.

If it helps, the form I'm talking about is live at www.asllimited.co.uk/contact_us_new.php

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me.

Best wishes

Samantha

Re: Need help editing PHP on a form

You only have a very simple issue here: your form field which is for the visitors email address is NOT named "email" (all lowercase)

The built in form processor turns the senders email address to be your own, when this condition is encountered. This for the simplest of reasons: the code is expecting a "email" field. When it doesn't find it, it changes it to your own, otherwise the "from" email address would be blank, and this is a far more serious reason to block the email.

Rename your field, Save, Publish, and Refresh your browser before testing.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Need help editing PHP on a form

Thank you Navaldesign

I will try this out and get back to you - I really appreciate you taking the time to explain it for me.

Have a great weekend

Samantha

Comment

Working...
      X