Please help with forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with forms

I've just got my site up and running, but am struggling with how to get the forms working. I'd appreciate if someone could give me "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Forms on BlueVoda", because the following doesn't mean anything to me whatsoever:

Enter the following code into the file (replace order@example.com with your own email address):

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Succesfully processed your order</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <H2>Thanks for your order!</H2>

<?PHP
    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
    $mailto = "
    order@example.com";
    $mailsubj = "Enter Your Subject Here";
    $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
    {
    $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
    }
    mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
    ?>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

Where do I enter this "code", what am I supposed to do with the notepad document I create. Sorry, but I'm completely lost.

The form I'm trying to submit is called "info" and the e-mail address I want it to go to is mirrorm@nyc.com if this makes it easier.

Whoever can help... Much appreciated.

Mike Rix
    Client I.D. 5349

Re: Please help with forms

Originally posted by mikerix
    I've just got my site up and running, but am struggling with how to get the forms working. I'd appreciate if someone could give me "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Forms on BlueVoda", because the following doesn't mean anything to me whatsoever:

Enter the following code into the file (replace order@example.com with your own email address):

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Succesfully processed your order</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <H2>Thanks for your order!</H2>

<?PHP
    $mailto = "
    order@example.com";
    $mailsubj = "Enter Your Subject Here";
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    {
    }
    ?>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

Where do I enter this "code", what am I supposed to do with the notepad document I create. Sorry, but I'm completely lost.

The form I'm trying to submit is called "info" and the e-mail address I want it to go to is mirrorm@nyc.com if this makes it easier.

Whoever can help... Much appreciated.

Mike Rix
    Client I.D. 5349
    Copy this code in Notepad. Change the email address to be your email address on your vodahost account, not a third party email. Then go to File, Save As, choose File type: All files, and give it the name "info.php". Upload it on your site, at the same directory (f.e. in public_html) where your form is.

Make sure to go in the form properties and set the form action in "info.php". Please watch the text UNDER the first forms tutorial, in http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt..._basicform.htm

also read the "Basics about forms" in http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...out-forms.html

Then if you need help post again.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have followed these directions to the letter and am still having no joy. Clearly I am missing something. This is the message I get when I try to post a form:

[IMG]res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/pagerror.gif[/IMG]The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.Please try the following:

HTTP 404 - File not found
      Internet Explorer

Please help. This is getting frustrating.

Mike

Comment

Please give me the URL of your form. I'll have a look
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

URL: http://www.tengers.com/info.html

Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi,

URL: http://www.tengers.com/info.html

Much appreciated.
            Your form is correct. The comments Txt area has the default name S1, and should be renamed in Requests. If you use Pablo's script, then the email field must be renamed in "email". What i don't know, is the info.php that you are supposed to prepare and upload on your server. If you wish, upload the script code so i can have a look. However, when i try to get to the info.php page, i get a Page not found error, which means that either you have not uploaded it yet, or you have uploaded it under a different name. Also make sure the email address is on your vodahost account, not an external one.
            Navaldesign

Comment

This is the code that I have on my info.php notepad file:

HTML>
              <HEAD>
              <TITLE>Successfully processed your request</TITLE>
              </HEAD>
              <BODY>
              <H2>Thanks for your interest!</H2>

<?PHP
              $mailto = "yuudqat@tengers.com";
              $mailsubj = "info";
              reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
              {
              }
              ?>
              </BODY>
              </HTML>

Is this correct? This is what I have uploaded.

Comment

This is the code that I have on my info.php notepad file:

HTML>
                <HEAD>
                <TITLE>Successfully processed your request</TITLE>
                </HEAD>
                <BODY>
                <H2>Thanks for your interest!</H2>

<?PHP
                $mailto = "yuudqat@tengers.com";
                $mailsubj = "info";
                reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                {
                }
                ?>
                </BODY>
                </HTML>

Is this correct? This is what I have uploaded.
                Yes, it is correct if you have changed the email field name in your form in "email". The message you uploaded in your first post, cannot be originated by this script. Maybe you were testing the form in preview? or maybe you have installed on your server another script that has among others, the "info.php" file? However "info.php" cannot be found on your site. If you have used notepad, make sure that before uploadins, you go to "Save as", then choose file type"All files", and then you give it the name info.php. Otherwise it is saved as "info.php.text" Check on your site with Blueftp to see how it is saved
                Navaldesign

Comment

Have resaved the php file.
                  Thanks a lot. That seems to have been the problem.

One new problem now though, although the fields from the form come through to me at my vodahost mail account, it is sending them with the following message:

Date: 3/08/2006 01:14:02 -0600
                  From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@voda5.vodahost.com>
                  To: yuudqat@voda5.vodahost.com
                  Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender All headers This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
                  recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

yuudqat@tengers.com
                  No Such User Here

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <yuudqat@voda5.vodahost.com>
                  Received: from yuudqat by voda5.vodahost.com with local (Exim 4.52)
                  id 1FGsrx-0007Lj-Uh
                  for yuudqat@tengers.com; Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:14:01 -0600
                  To: yuudqat@tengers.com
                  Subject: merchandise
                  Message-Id: <E1FGsrx-0007Lj-Uh@voda5.vodahost.com>
                  Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:14:01 -0600

What does this mean?

Mike

Comment

It means that for some reason, the actual mail can't be sent. yuudqat@tengers.comb results as non existing. This is the return message to inform you that the mail could not be delivered. Check your email address in the script. Or, if you wish, use my form in http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html to contact me. I'll provide you with a script ready to upload. Please check your email to make sure it is correct and perfectly functioning, and confirm me that i can use it for the script.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

How do I know if my mail is fully functional? I have set it up the way it says in the tutorials, and i seem to receive other mail ok. Can you send the script to mikerix@nyc.com?

Comment

How do I know if my mail is fully functional? I have set it up the way it says in the tutorials, and i seem to receive other mail ok. Can you send the script to mikerix@nyc.com?
                        Ok, i'll send you the script after a couple of hours. Make sure that you can also send mail from this email address. Before we go any further, please test your form again and let me know. There had been problems with the mails servers in the last days, and the problem could be related to that situation and not to your script. Test your form again and let me know
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi, sorry for the long delay in this reply, but I've been without internet for 3 weeks.

I have sent mail from my tengers.com address and I receive it fine, so that's not the problem. But when I submit one of my forms from my site, I still receive the same "returned mail" message. Please help.

Regards,

Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X