Fantastico hates PHP 4.2.3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastico hates PHP 4.2.3.

I've been a client of BV for awhile now and my first web site works great, I have 5 mods from Fantastico that all work properly.

My problem began when I started getting others interested in BV and got them to sign up with the agreement that I'll make there web sites, this was great except that the new servers are using PHP 4.2.3 which conflicts with some of the mods like Auction and FAQ.

So heres my request, Can you either change all the servers to PHP 4.4.1 or fix Fantastico to work with PHP 4.2.3 because it seems that there was a change in PHP 4.2.3 that effects Fantastico, its really fustrating as my clients are getting upset that options that they saw avalible threw my site which is BV, don't work on there site. Plus it feels like there only getting 50% of what BV has to offer.

My sites on:
    Server NameVoda2 Primary Nameserverns1.vodahost.com Secondary Nameserverns2.vodahost.com

Clients sites are on:
    Server NameVoda4 Primary Nameserverns5.vodahost.com Secondary Nameserverns6.vodahost.com Server NameVoda5 Primary Nameserverns7.vodahost.com Secondary Nameserverns8.vodahost.com

If I missed something that would solve my problem could you please inform me ASAP, I promised my clients that I would get BV to fix this as to me it seems to be a big problem atm.

If you want to reproduce one of these problems, goto one of my clients servers or if your server is running PHP 4.2.3 then use Fantastico and install the auction mod, then try to access the admin link, you can't, you get these errors on a fresh install.
    http://www.westerncanadagrandprixclu...dmin/login.php

Thanks for your time in reading my post, please get back to me ASAP, I need answers for this before I can feel good about bringing more clients to BV.

GD13,

Re: Fantastico hates PHP 4.2.3.

Make sure the config.inc.php is in the correct folder, its saying it can't be found. But it also doesn't make sence because its saying its using congif.inc.php to connect to the database, and that there just isn't a password entered.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip
      Make sure the config.inc.php is in the correct folder, its saying it can't be found. But it also doesn't make sence because its saying its using congif.inc.php to connect to the database, and that there just isn't a password entered.

Its in the right folder, trust me I've been back and forth looking for a reason why it works on my server and not theres, the problem is that the servers BV uses are different from each other. They need to fix this so that no matter what server the clients on the Fantastico mods should work on both.

GD13,

Comment

what errors are you getting?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
          what errors are you getting?
          Heres a link to the auction admin section from my clients site using PHP 4.2.3 with no edits, its a fresh install http://www.westerncanadagrandprixclu...dmin/login.php

Heres the same site on my server using PHP 4.4.1 http://dragonsofpern3.com/auction/admin/login.php

I also noticed FAQ also has problems on the admin login as well.

It would be nice to know why we are using differant servers as well, I would think BV would use the same set up for all servers?

GD13,

Comment

I've noticed that you changed the PHP to 4.4.1 on my clients servers but its not working. I jumped to that thinking it was the PHP versions as they were different. I'm not an expert as this thats why I looked for a host like BV, but I try to help(right or wrong). So we need to see what else is different between the servers thats effecting the fantastico.

I can see that between my client and my control panels, they have 3 extra options. So my suggestion is to look at Server Voda2 and have all your servers using the same software. I've had no problem on Voda 2 and only been able to use Voda 4 and Voda 5 for clients thus far so am not sure if other servers are having this problem as well.

Please keep me posted if you are actually working to fix this, would be nice to inform my clients so they aren't left in the dark.

GD13,

Comment

Please open a support ticket with thr problematic fantatico scripts in question.
              We will find a solution, If you are a Voda2 fan ( to be honest I likw Voda2 very
              much also ), I do not have any problem migrating your accounts.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

how can I create my own profile?

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                  Please open a support ticket with thr problematic fantatico scripts in question.
                  We will find a solution, If you are a Voda2 fan ( to be honest I likw Voda2 very
                  much also ), I do not have any problem migrating your accounts.

If you could migrate both www.westerncanadagrandprixclub.com and www.oldmillpub.ca to the voda2 server I'd be forever thankful, Plus this will allow me to finish there sites.

GD13,

Comment

Originally posted by Gianna
                    how can I create my own profile?
                    Click on User CP and select Edit Profile
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

We do not perform his level of support from the forum. Please submit support tickets with your exact requirements. Including usernames and passwords so
                      we can verify you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                      X