Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my wordpress username & password

Hi,
    I installed wordpress through fantastico and the installation has created an account of course but I forgot to note my username & password.
    Then I created another account directly on wordpress website, and have associated my blog to this account.
    Even though I received their email with my username & password, each time I'm trying to login I receive an error message telling me that this account doesn't exist!
    I've sent them an email but there's no answer for the moment.
    Do you have the possibility to retrieve this information?

Many thanks for your help
    Laleh

Re: Lost my wordpress username & password

There is no such thing as sending "them" an email: emails sent to the WordPress installation itself is sending to whatever email address you entered as Administrative Contact for your blog during configuration!

It sounds like you may have installed an instance over another also .... and since it sounds like you are totally confused, I would suggest un-installing WordPress (also done through Fantastico) and starting over --- this time either printing out each web page shown in your browser during configuration, or by having an Installation Email sent to yourself (the last step in a Fantastico installation, which will include the User Name, Password, and links to the Blog and Admin Panels).

Applying the script to recover Passwords is something that sounds too complicated for you, based on your situation as explained ....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Lost my wordpress username & password

Hi,
      Thanks for responding! I was getting desperate to have any answer.
      I am very confused as you said. It's the first time I'm creating a blog so it was the first and only installation. No previous instance has been installed.

Also I don't remember not having followed the installation to the end. When you say asking an installation email sent to me with all the info is it somewhere on the dashboard where you have that functionality?

Thanks for your help
      Laleh

Comment

Working...
      X